Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Side Doors Not Opening

Old 02-27-2017, 02:06 PM
Default Side Doors Not Opening

Hi Guys

I have just gone to my grand voyager 2009 model and tried opening the side doors, but they wont open either manually or via the remote, when i try the doors try to open (i can hear the motor whiring away but they start to pull out but its as if there is a security setting that stops them, i have turned the inside locks of so its not that, can anybody help ?

Regards

Chris.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:05 PM

Inside locks meaning the pull up ***** on the doors and/or the lockout switch on the overhead console? If they are up and the switch disengaged try pulling the IOD fuse for 5 minutes in the TIPM (fuse box). This will reset the CAN data bus.

Last edited by Raptor 07; 02-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor 07
Inside locks meaning the pull up ***** on the doors and/or the lockout switch on the overhead console? If they are up and the switch disengaged try pulling the IOD fuse for 5 minutes in the TIPM (fuse box). This will reset the CAN data bus.
Hi Raptor

Yes thats right although the inside door locks switch sideways not up and down and the overhead console switch is in the on position, i have tried every conceivable conbination on bothe the inside door locks and overhead console switch all tono avail, will try the iod fuse suggestion and see if that works.
Thanks for the suggestion

Chris.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:40 AM

Hi All

Well what can i say just gone to car and tried to open doors and guess what they opened, this is without doing anything to try to fix the problem.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:59 AM

Hmm, that makes me think potential electrical problem, along the bottom of the doors in the guide is the plastic chain that houses the wiring, my guess would be the common broken wire in there causing it to fail to power the motor to move the door.
Remember there are two motors here, one is the lock/catch motor which unlocks and pops the door open slightly, then there is the main drive motor at the bottom of the door that moves and slides it back. My suspicion is you're hearing the lock motor work and it pops open, but the slide motor is either not running, slipping or has failed. That's where to look as my guess is they'll fail again soon!

If you search up the wires there are many repair guides as it's a common problem where the wires just age, crack and give up.