Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Some pressing questions. Help.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 PM
kev
Default Some pressing questions. Help.

Hello all. A grand voyager was passed on to me and am trying to fix it. Its a 2005 2.8 XS model.

1.. My car is spewing white smoke and when hooked to a computer, it says injector number 4 is bad. The mechanic took all the injectors out for testing and said all the injectors are bad. Can all the injestcors just go bad at the same time? I saw someone selling injectors from the 2.5 voyager cheap. Are the injectors from a voyager 2.5 same as that of a 2.8 grand voyager?

2.. The car was passed on to me after having a slight accident. It sat in the parking lot for about 2 months and when we came around to start it, it starts but did not move when put in gear. My mechanic saw that the trans fluid was low so he topped up with a generic trans fluid. All gears started to work except the reverse.

The reverse don't work at all. When i start the engine and put it in nuetral, it behave like its in gear because it doesn't move when we try to push it. Do you think flushing the trans fluid and putting ATF 4 and filter may solve the problem?

Will any 4 speed automatic voyager gearbox fit this vehicle?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:30 PM
kev

If I may add. The mechanic said the white smoke is pure deisel spewing out. Also the rpm seems to to rev as high as it should. Do you think the problem is really the injectors?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:12 PM

I suppose it's possible that all the injectors are bad, but doesn't sound very likely. What mileage has it done?

You need to get that generic trans fluid out of there. You should never put anything other that ATF 4 into these transmissions. It could very well solve the problem with the transmission.

The 4 speed transmission used on the 2.8 CRD is the same used on alot of other Front wheel drive chryslers (including petrol models) However you'd be safer trying to find a tansmission off another CRD as the bell housing is probably different on other models.