Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Terraclean yes or no

Old 10-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Default Terraclean yes or no

Hi all,

I have an 04 plate 2.8 crd grand voyager, 116k FSH. I'm thinking of having a terraclean done to try and help with performance and mpg. But I have heard good and bad reviews so in torn, any one had one done? Would you recommend them? Thanks

Old 10-06-2016, 07:40 AM

Not sure on the terraclean but I ran a common diesel cleaner through mine (I did a video on it and showed my results) and it made an improvement. What MPG are you getting indicated by the trip computer?

I have a 2005 2.8CRD at around the same mileage and mine sits at 30.8mpg generally (20 min to work and back on a slow-ish dual carriageway, plus running kids to school and other stuff around town).

Do remember they aren't miracle workers, a lot of people totally debunk them as snake oil, and until I tried it I thought the same, but I do think they have SOME merit (just not much!).

Old 10-06-2016, 05:02 PM

Thanks Andy, I get roughly 28 mpg and do similar runs to you by the sounds of it, I'm more looking to just give the engine and injectors ect a good clean, I heard the terraclean was really good and is about £100, but a few people have said about the cleaner you out in the fuel tank? Not fussed about spending the money just want to make sure it does more good than bad! Did you see any other improvements?

Old 10-07-2016, 06:59 AM

No problem, yours doesn't sound a million miles away from my mpg, I've learnt to drive more economically (i.e. I'm a boring slow accelerator type driver!).

Other than the slight improvement in MPG I didn't notice any other differences. In cold weather I do have a start 'issue' (First turn it'll start straight away but die immediately. Second start and we're good, I suspect an injector or pressure valve going dodgy on me but haven't investigated further).
I get the usual bit of smoke on heavy acceleration but otherwise, little smoke, etc, so can't say it's done a huge amount.