Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there anyone at Chrysler that cares?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Default Is there anyone at Chrysler that cares?

Just a F.Y.I. if you depend on a factory installed navigation system on your vehicle I would stay away from Chrysler. I have a 2013 T&C that we leave home, to drive my wife's Acura (Honda), because the nav system does not work properly. The system locks when you begin moving so my wife can't input anything while we are moving. That is normal in the industry but ALL the other manufacturers have created a system of using verbal commands to search the navigation system. I've been waiting for several months for updated software to correct the issues and was finally told that this is the "nature of the vehicle" (that means they all do it and they don't have a clue how to solve it) and I just need to stop the vehicle to search for Points of interest. That's more dangerous than my passenger using the system and not an answer. I have purchased dozens of new cars and Chrysler is the only company that won't or can't repair their mistakes.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:14 PM

"I have a 2013 T&C that we leave home, to drive my wife's Acura (Honda), because the nav system does not work properly."

Hope you get this resolved and soon but I'm just curious. You've left an impression you can't drive a vehicle without a functioning NAV system. Hope that's not true.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

chrysler does not make the nav units also Chrysler does not own satellites in the skys also.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:07 PM

hey... that's kinda just what my buddy's builder told him when his new house foundation and walls began to crack... the builder said " I didn't make the concrete".... "and I didn't make the lumber either"....

Old 08-27-2013, 02:59 AM

I'm still using maps -- the kind with pages. Never seems to give me any trouble.

Leedsman.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:24 AM

- perfectly adequate 'free' apps on mobile phones and have been for years
- a response time as fast as a paid for tomtom
- hundreds of miles of a voice & map
- end of journey and up pops an actual googlemap photo of the L&L
- GPS navigation is so cheap its free and works

My 2012 - A3 paper atlas in in the boot .. .. just in case

Old 08-27-2013, 07:13 AM

" I just need to stop the vehicle to search for Points of interest. "
I hate that I have to stop to watch a DVD too! On the other hand, its good that my wife can't put the details in the NAV system when I'm driving cause then we'd be more lost!