Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Default Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a 2002 Town and Country 3.3lt engine. i drove for about 2 weeks and it drove fine. I went to start it and it would barely idle. Had it towed, put a code reader on it and it brought up code P0122 ( Throttle sensor voltage low). Replaced sensor-no dice. I put a multimeter on the 5 v wire and I got 3 volts. However, I also have 3 volts on any of the sensors that have the 5 volt reference wire, but no error codes with those. Is this the issue, or is there some other issue that I need to look in to. Any help would be appreciated.

John

Old 09-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor

possible other sensor bring down the 5v or the PCM is not putting teh full5v out.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Default Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor

The idea of a forum is to help one other with problems, suggestions, information and to help people save some time and money. For the 14 year mechanic who has all the experience and no tack for helping others, I would say to him, join a website where you can charge people for your information and experience, that is if you are a professional technician and mechanic. Because you comment didn't help the man in need.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:24 PM

And the space You are taking up here on this board , Digging up a 3 year old thread, and making your first post about bashing a MODERATOR, Is Just Oh So Helpful...THANK YOU....

IDIOT....

Old 09-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

I am apart of that kinda service thank you. And how do u know that my comment did not help him? there is no fallow up so maybe it was found. I am sorry if I dont sugar coat alot of my answers I personally dont like it handed to me on a silver platter so I tell it like it is.

Old 09-06-2020, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by fatzcatz
Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a 2002 Town and Country 3.3lt engine. i drove for about 2 weeks and it drove fine. I went to start it and it would barely idle. Had it towed, put a code reader on it and it brought up code P0122 ( Throttle sensor voltage low). Replaced sensor-no dice. I put a multimeter on the 5 v wire and I got 3 volts. However, I also have 3 volts on any of the sensors that have the 5 volt reference wire, but no error codes with those. Is this the issue, or is there some other issue that I need to look in to. Any help would be appreciated.

John
Hi John, Did you find the location? I am searching for it too.

Old 11-11-2020, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by fatzcatz
Hi everyone,

John
same problem here turned out immobilizer antitheft spent a lot of time and money still haven’t got it running locksmiths dealer all a waste of time on my tool I click on tps in the service section to reset it and that’s we’re it notified me p0513 problem caused Code p0122