Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voyager 2.5D non start?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 06:46 AM
Default Voyager 2.5D non start?

Drove this morning to the Dentist, about 1/2 hour drive, parked up, came out and engine turned over but would not start, locked and unlocked car on blip and still no start, opened bonnet, couldn't see owt out of place so tried again, noticed as I let the key go it tried to start on two occasions, then started fine, drove home calling at Pharmacy on way and started OK, so any ideas Peeps?

Old 06-19-2015, 12:59 PM

Info on car. You've got Voyager TD. Is it a CRD. Sounds like air in fuel as its running back to tank. Possibly the old fuel filter housing fault. How about codes, key dance if you can. Could go on but gives a clue...

Old 06-19-2015, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
Info on car. You've got Voyager TD. Is it a CRD. Sounds like air in fuel as its running back to tank. Possibly the old fuel filter housing fault. How about codes, key dance if you can. Could go on but gives a clue...

Sorry new to Voyagers, steep learning Curve!! its a 2003 2.5 CRD all filters replaced about 2k ago before we drove it to France, I have not looked at the rear fuel filter as a bit immobile at the mo, please tell what is this key dance you talk of? I agree it could of been fuel run back, but was also thinking if the back of the ignition switch had a hissy fit?

Old 06-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Old 06-20-2015, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Vmaxxer

Thank you for that, the Code is P0340 am I correct that it is this?

P0340 Camshaft position sensor “A” - range or performance problem (bank 1)

OR is something else causing this code to be shown? I'm confused with the term Bank 1

AND where in their infinate wisdom do they hide the sensor

Last edited by John Norrish; 06-20-2015 at 02:57 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:52 AM
tfb

P0340 can either be camshaft or crankshaft sensor related. The key dance gives you a high level view of the fault code, there are "sub" faults beneath the P0340 which give a bit more info but a keydance won't show that.

You have three sensor - one on each cam and one on the crack plus the wiring back to the ECU any of which could be faulty..... OR the p0340 could have been a stored fault code from sometime in the past.

you could check the connections to the sensors and try jiggling with the wiring loom to recreate the fault, but intermittent faults are always a bugger to diagnose. The cam sensors are on the right hand side of the cam covers when looking into the egine bay from the front.

Regards
Richard

Old 06-20-2015, 03:47 PM

Is it that simple this time, code to Camshaft sensor but as tfb says it may be a stored old code. Hope this is the answer John and not looking into fuel pressure loss in HP system. Mind the feedback please as your engine is same as mine.

Old 06-21-2015, 12:35 AM

Thank you all for the help and Reply's, as said this type of fault is a sod to find until it dies completely, am I glad I got out of the game before electrics were properly introduced on Denzil Diesels!!

Old 03-10-2016, 01:43 PM
kkc

Hello John, Just experienced the same problems and fault code (P0340) you did. Did you ever find the cause? It's night time now so I'll check air in the fuel lines and camshaft sensor wiring tomorrow. Thanks, KKC

Old 03-10-2016, 01:56 PM

Sorry I failed to reply, it was the Cam Shaft sensor, replaced and been as good as new.

Quick Reply: Voyager 2.5D non start?