Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

voyager 2002, Moplar dvd player replacment

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Default voyager 2002, Moplar dvd player replacment

Hi, Im new be gentle...

i need to replace the moplar single dvd player in my voyager 2002 it has been playing up for a while not playing discs etc so i have a new one on its way via ebay...

my question is how do i remove the old unit to fit the new one? it is the single disc type bellow the cd/radio i was hoping to use the u prong things from halfords but carnt find the slots!

Cheers

Old 06-08-2011, 02:30 PM

Hi,

I'm afraid it is a bit harder than that, but not too bad...

1. Remove the ashtray
2. Spring off the little bit of plastic that is just above where the ashtray was.
3. Ping out the two blanking pieces at the top of the wood-looking fascia
4. Remove all four screws you have just uncovered in 2 and 3
5. Ping off the wood-look fascia, carefully removing the connectors
6. The DVD can now be unscrewed
7. carefully pull it out and disconnect

Rebuild is the reverse of the above, but I should mention that I have read (here or somewhere else) that you, or possibly the dealer has to do something with codes to get the nwew one recognised (or maybe that's something else????)

Good luck anyway.

PS: Do you have the R/C and headphones for the DVD and if you are anywhere near Southend-on-Sea, could I possibly have a borrow to see if my system works properly before I go and spend money on new ones on eBay?

Cheers

GL.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 AM

thanks for the reply...

I see, i think i will take a note of any serials on the unit etc and give it a go!

im afraid im in the northwest mate, sorry i carnt help.

Cheers
Nick

Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 PM

Oh well, never mind. Although, if you do have the R/C and h/phones, can you explain what I will need to do to get the DVD sound through them and not the car stereo? - ie, is there a button on the remote or does the unit pick up the fact that there are h/phones present automatically?

Cheers

GL.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:36 AM

You don’t need the remote we never get ours out, to use the headphones, play a dvd as normal through the speakers the while sitting in the back (so the IR has a clear sight of the LCD screen and sensor) swithch on your headphones and adjust your volume on the headphones to a desired level, all the time making sure the headphones are on the right way round ie right and left on the right and left ear. That should work fine you can then turn the volume down in the cabin our switch to the radio or cd player with out effecting what they hear through the headphones in the back.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:28 AM

Cool, that's pretty neat... I was wondering what the "IR sensor"-looking bit of plastic on the back of the roof console was for :-)

Thanks for that.

GL.