Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voyager 2003 mopar dvd player

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Default Voyager 2003 mopar dvd player

I have just bought this car, its a 3.3 limited xs,( got rid of my 1997 GV which i did love apart from the immobiliser prob i fixed ) and there are a few little things that need fixing, but i go it so cheap i dont mind. The in built dvd player, works but its black and white, and a line at the bottom of the screen. also the reversing sensors don't work, so where should i start with them?

any help would be appreciated

Hopefully someone on here can help,

ps im in the uk

brad

Old 07-18-2011, 08:17 AM

bump...come on someone help!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 05:24 AM

OK, the DVD player, that sounds like one of a couple of things. Generally B&W or shifted screen is due to the cables not seated correctly.
You can check this though. If you look behind the passenger-side sliding door you should see 3 sockets, one yellow, one red and one black. These are for aux input for games consoles, tv tuners, etc. Fire the system up, but don't put a DVD in, then use a portable DVD player, or something else to feed video into these ports, see what you get, if you get colour then you're getting somewhere.

Oh, also before you insert a DVD, your screen should be totally blue whilst the system waits for input, does the DVD screen go blue, or remain grey? If grey, then I'd start investigating at the screen itself, check the hinges, cables, etc. Sorry I'm unsure how you disassemble this part.

Otherwise, check the connectors on the DVD player. The dashboard central console comes apart quite easily. Remove the two screw blanks at the top of the central console and you'll reveal the two screws. Then remove the ashtray and gently unclip the small grey horizontal plastic just above it, you'll see the second two screws. Once both are out, gently prise the dash open and it'll pop out (careful, there are some wires attached, so don't bounce it out too hard or you might damage the wires). You'll then get access to the DVD player and can check rear connections, etc.

Good luck, and post back if you have any queries. Mine is a 2004 2.8CRD UK model, so will be relatively similar I'd guess.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:02 AM

brilliant mate!

i done the auxillary thing, and the screen worked fine, and i will have the dash out this afternoon. thanks mate--ill let you know.

as i have another prob now.....

ps the screen is black and white from startup, so ill try and re seat when i get the dash off...

Old 07-20-2011, 09:10 AM

just rememebred...

my car also has a pioneer multi changer and extra screen in the back ( multi under seat )

now it didnt work, but i took the dash of yesterday ( and im gonna do it again lol ) and saw the yellow and red cables from the multichanger had a fuse in the circuit which had gone---changed and they all came on....

NOW when i put in a dvd in, the main screen is b&W and the back screen is perfect.

Dont know how to get the multichanger to play( it plays, as the little screen thing shows you, just no sound.. )...tried everything!! So maybe this is why the screen is grey, as somone has cut in to it, and its not with iso leads its with insulation tape......

anyway ill report back later...thanks again mate