Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

voyager keeps revving

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Banned

I think that you should probably get it to a Chrysler dealer and ask them to hook it up to a diagnostic machine through the OBDII socket otherwise it could take you forever - or buy one - they are very useful to have.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:31 AM

hi scruffy

yes i have been thinking about buying one of those tools for a while now but i need to find one thats compatable with the chrysler and other makes in case i change the car in the future.

i have found a few but there,s one thats a service reset tool that reads codes on the 0BD11 socket well that be ok it also has a readout screen

this one

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165469

or this one

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165469

pete.......................

Old 08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Banned

Don't buy it from halfrauds...

Try this item on ebay - give them a call to check it's compatability.

Do a search on Ebay for 18039860789

Regards

Old 08-28-2009, 04:30 AM

hi scruffy

i tried the eBay number you left with no results but since then Ive tried a fault code reader on it which i borrowed but it was just a basic one and there were no fault codes present,

but now i have ordered a good fault code scanner re setter and its more professional than i one i previously suggested this one goes into more detail and works with a good range of cars that will be here with me next week.

here is a view of the one ive ordered

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Launch-CReader...d=p3286.c0.m14

pete....................................

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 08-29-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:29 PM

UPDATE

today i took the throttle body right off the car removed and cleaned the IAC motor and made sure it was working ok then checked the TPS with a multimeter to see if that was ok no problems there and cleaned all round the butterfly replaced it all engine was still idling high

so i looked at the throttle rest on the main thottle body and i found what i thought was an idle adjusting nut so i turned it with a spanner and it fell off there is an adjusting bolt there but that is adjusted from underneath the T/B anyway i started the car agian and it was ticking over at 900 revs which is what is stated in the book,

it appears i think that someone had put that nut there to raise the tickover it was also stuck on with some kind of black glue??????

i still have the flat spot but im hoping the diagnostic tool will point me in the right direction

i have one more question for you guys when i let my foot off the thottle to tickover are the revs supposed to come down fast or very slow as mine seems to come down slow ill post a video tomorrow to let you all see if you think its correct

pete..........................

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 08-29-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by pete@co.uk
i have one more question for you guys when i let my foot off the thottle to tickover are the revs supposed to come down fast or very slow as mine seems to come down slow ill post a video tomorrow to let you all see if you think its correct

pete..........................
Pete,

Mine does that too. When I bought the car it had a gas conversion which doesn't look like it was fitted that well and things (such as the air filter) are almost impossible to get at.

I reckoned on some kind of air leak, but then it would have to be the engine side of the TB, surely?

Be interesting to see if you can sort yours? Then I'll have to dig some of the LPG system out to get to mine and try the same.

Thanks
Mike

Old 08-30-2009, 04:14 PM

Hi Mike

Mine does not have fuel conversion but i wish it did your welcome to follow my findings,

i havent had time today to make that video and post it but i will in due course

now there,s one more thing i need to ask the forum looking at the fuel injectors tonight and checking them with a multimeter i found two of them lose i could turn them with my hand surely this is not right and maybe this is the couse of all my problems my car is a 2 litre

what you guys think

pete.........................

Old 08-30-2009, 05:02 PM

Yeah, could be. You could be pulling air in through the injector thread? Also, with regards to your flatspot, I am sure that's doing nothing for your compression.

Keep us informed....please

Mike

Old 09-01-2009, 11:49 AM

update

There are small rubber seals on the top and bottom of the injectors

i checked with chrysler dealers today about this and they said if there,s no leak which there isnt then this is a normal condition so if anyone else is concerned if they find it on they,re car theres no problem

the car goes into chrysler later this week for a clockspring recall i asked them today about the problems im having and they said they would plug it in to they,re machine as part of the service and give me a printout of the results very kind of them 5 star goes to my local chrysler dealer

ill keep you all updated of the results

pete............................

Last edited by pete@co.uk; 09-01-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:15 PM

Have you considered that the Cat could be failing? This would let more fuel through, and the downstream O2 sensor would be telling the ECU to cut fueling. I have been having fluctuating idle, flat spots, like of power, O2 sensors work correctly, too, all been checked, had the car on a ramp at a mates place, and the Cat makes a horrible noise.

A failing Cat can cause symptoms like a faulty ICV and sesnors.

Quick Reply: voyager keeps revving