Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak in back Door possibly sorted.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Default Water leak in back Door possibly sorted.

Just a small check up on where water could be coming in back door as it seems to be finding its way into door and emerging out of lock and pooling in lock keep floor area.
Finds wiper shaft seal through glass badly perished and breaking up. See picture. The seal is basically a Grommet, specially shaped of course and the nearest thing I have is an electrical box 25mm open Grommet.
Removed wiper arm and dug out old seal in bits. The Grommet I had fitted snugly over shaft bearing and half of it pressed nicely into glass.
The grommet OD is only slightly bigger than hole in glass so had to watch I only pressed it halfway in. It will do for now until I get proper seal, unless it proves too good. See other picture for finish job.

Attached Thumbnails Water leak in back Door possibly sorted.-chrysler-grommet-position.jpg   Water leak in back Door possibly sorted.-chrysler-seal-partof..jpg