Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

What engine oil and why....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 06:11 AM

I know Vmaxxer! I've been involved on quite a few forum oil debates! Lol... What got my back up was the sarcastic way in which my friend responded to the email that I posted for all to see from ExxonMobil! As everyone can see, Mr Pelkiö at no point mentioned that "Mobil 1 " was the only oil to use! He just stated a 0w -40 grade was acceptable.

QinteQ just decided to have then have a pop at the Winter Tyre thread I started! As forum members, we can decide if we want to take part in a thread or not! We are here to find out information and pass on same, in a view to help others. But anyway... I have email both VM Motori and chrysler UK the same question that I posed to ExxonMobil. Once I have the mails back! I will post the results for all to see, regardless if they concur with Mobil or not...

Pop corn at the ready mate

Old 12-06-2014, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by TimmyTim
I must have hit a nerve here! I really can't be bothered in responding to your sarcastic post! I really don't care what you think pal! I will contact Chrysler and VM Motori and ask them the same question I asked Mobil.
Feel free, its your car ! Look TimmyTim its not what you do with yours Its what you encourage [push] others to do on a forum. Not everyone shares your ideas, most if not all the additive ones are myths, your attitude on additives and yet even more additives is a risky and unnecessary adventure down a road to 33MPG around town. You are never going to get 33MPG around town in a 2.8 lump .. .. ever. Nitro over filled slick tyres, £500 a time Paul Daniels magic tuning box's, £100 a litre engine oil, roof bars ripped off, and all the seats and carpets ripped out to save weight and you will still never get to 33MPG around town. Its a waste of money, its an expensive rehearsal for a show that's never going to happen mate.

The Scottish referendum voted no, because of the structure of the question asked. Because the nationalist leadership did not like the answer from its own people the nationalist leaders made it into a 'neverendum'. I suspect after your appeal to Chrysler, VM Motori and Mobil we will have a 'neverendum' on engine oil additives.

- Archoil and 26MPG
- one more of the literally dozens you posted on Archoil
- expensive diesel with extra additives and even more extra additives in the form of Archoil
- £485 Tunit box
- winter tyres
- low ash 2 stroke oil in there fuel tanks? I've been using it for years now with good result

Best of luck in your search for some kind of alchemy that will make these cars 30% more fuel efficient TimmyTim, if you find it you will be more important and better known than Obama and a deserving self-made multi bi££ionaire.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:54 AM

I never said you would get more mpg out of using 2T in the fuel! Just the fact that you will lube the pump and the engine note was quieter. I have used Archoil products and yave found them to be of use! In no way have I forced anything down anyones neck! The Tunit boxes I have used on 3 different cars have given me better mpg! On my Avensis T180 2.2L I gained almost 10mpg more on a run from Cardiff to Staffordshire! This trip I did every week for over 2 years to see my children!...This is a fact! Others have had gain results to.

As a Driving Instructor with over 22 years of experience... I think that Winter tyres as a good safety option to fit to a vehicle! If you don't want to do that! Then that's fine, like I said... Don't get involved with my threads if you don't like them.

My use of additives is not to get more mpg out of my vehicles! It is to protect them and after 250k on a learner car using these I can say they work. I use fuels like V-Power Shell Diesel and Petrol (As the GT4 needs a 99Ron) because they help clean the internals of the engine! If you don't like using these fuels then don't!!! I am not forcing anyone to do so!...

My question to Chrysler and VM Motori is a simple one! Can a 0w-40 oil be used in a GV diesel? If the answer is yes! Then you are going to look a little stupid after all you foot stamping and attacks. Like I said, you don't have to take part in my threads! But I leave that up to you my friend...

Old 12-06-2014, 10:05 AM

Don't get involved with my threads if you don't like them.
you are going to look a little stupid after all you foot stamping and attacks
Like I said, you don't have to take part in my threads! But I leave that up to you my friend...
They are not your threads, its an open forum, insisting people shut up and never contradict you is never going to happen. Its not your choice of 'snake~oil' additives and manipulations I object to. They are your business, and you believe in their use. Its that you tell others they are fact when thy're not factual at all and encourage others to do as you do that I object to.

You obviously care a lot about your car and spend a lot on it - that is to be admired and applauded, its just your wrong assertions on some of your internalised personal belief systems insulate you from automotive reality that bothers me.

- there are millions around the world that believe that Oswald did not act alone when John F. Kennedy was shot
- there are millions around the world that believe the Holocaust never happened and lots of other conspiracy theories
- there are millions around the world that believe that doing with Archoil and premium additive diesel is a good thing
- there are millions around the world that believe Elvis is alive and working in a chip shop in Surrey
- there are millions around the world that believe aliens visit mother earth every year, hence the crop circles

Personally I don't believe any of the above .. .. and say so. I'll let this thread drop for now, I've had my say, enough pollution of this thread has happened already - I wish you well my friend.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:00 PM

Listen....For starting an engine from cold or hot I would want the journals coated in Grease if it was possible due to the pressures exerted. Why grease, because its thick and less likely to go phutt into the pan so quickly. Its like saying coat one piece of metal with grease and the other with thin oil, which one is going to have the thickest and best protection the next day. What is grease anyway...Thick oil did one say.
That's my opinion and prob only mine.

Old 12-07-2014, 04:30 AM

You know what guys! This has become far to much hassle to continue! I will not be using this forum in the future! Well done QinteQ! You stamp your feet and shout loudest and encourage people to follow! Sighting strange analogies in a vein attempt to back up your argument. You are not prepared to listern to what others say on a subject! Even when "Hard Facts" are presented to you from one of the largest oil manufacturer's in the World.

You argue that my emails to both Chrysler and VM Motori are a "Plea" to bolster my comments! When in fact they are just to either confirm or not if both what the Mobil oil recommendation page and email are correct, of which I have said I would post the emails from said companies! What ever the results are.

My posts are based on facts! I commented on a thread (That I did not start) about tuning boxes! I have experience of same, I give an opinion! So it could be argued that you are doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing by your comments.

I would like to thank the forum members (Including you) for the help and guidance in the past with our family car. I wish you all the very best for the future and Very Happy Christmas.

Cheers

Tim

Last edited by TimmyTim; 12-07-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:29 AM

Imho you are overreacting Tim.
QinteQ is not very subtle (understatement of the year) in his comments but he does express his (often valuable) opinions. I can imagine you feel offended by his comments on your posts but I would ignore his cynicism and sarcasm, and see what he has to say.
I suggest you agree to disagree and keep using this forum since this is the only forum on-line with so much valuable information on CRD engines.