Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield wipers cycle with ignition

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 02:01 PM
Default windshield wipers cycle with ignition

1997 T&C: when I turn the ignition to acc. or start position, the windshield wipers automatically cycle (go back & forth) three times. When I turn the engine off, the wipers again cycle three times.
I was told this 'could be' a wiper park switch. Does this sound like a reasonable suggestion? If so, where is it located?
If all else fails, where would be the best location to splice into the wiper circuit with a simple toggle switch so I can only turn them on when I want them on? I live in Phoenix, Az. The temp is over 100 degrees and with the wipers cycling in this heat (and NO rain), they're going to be worn out in no time.
Thanks for any advice.
Al R.

Old 07-18-2015, 06:03 AM

Sounds exactly like a stored glitch in a micro. 1st thing to do --

Disconnect the battery negative connector from its terminal on the battery, then touch that connector to the positive pole of the battery for a minute or two (leaving the negative pole not connected to anything).
Replace the connector onto the negative pole, then test.
This procedure re-sets all the microprocessors and usually gets rid of a stored glitch, but it's only the 1st line operation, but you always do it as it costs nothing, and no real time.
If it does fix the problem, you then need to investigate why the sstem is sensitive to glitches.

Leedsman.