Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Default Wiring problems

Hi all I am new to this so please bear with me, my problem is that something is draining the battery? the front fog lights would come on when you locked the car up with the remote button, so I took the arms off but could not do anything with these apart from removing excess grease, I put them back on and the arm is still playing up, you cannot always turn on the fog lights and when you do they stay on no matter what, I have disconected the wiring plug to turn them off and now the interior lights will not turn off? I cannot see any burnt wires or blown fuses.
If I disconnect the wiring plug from the fog lights arm they turn off no problems so it is either the arm needs changing or there is somethink else draing the battery.
On the wiring plug when disconnected on the bottom row and the ignition off the following wires are live, Pink with Blue line, the 2nd Brown with White line, both Blue with Orange line and the Pink with Red line, when I turn the ignition on the Blue wire on the top line becomes live.
On the fuse box under the steering column with the igition off fuses 2 and 3 are alive, I pulled number 2 out locked the car and the interior light stayed on this is with the wiring plug connect to the arm, I put the fuse back in and pulled number 3 out and the lights went out but the alarm did not work so now I have come to a dead end Please help, when the ignition is turned on there is no change to the live fuses.
Number 2 fuse is a 15A and says Park Lights
Number 3 fuse is a 20A and says RKE DR LKS
I hope someone can help me.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by jasongawn75
Hi all I am new to this so please bear with me, my problem is that something is draining the battery? the front fog lights would come on when you locked the car up with the remote button, so I took the arms off but could not do anything with these apart from removing excess grease, I put them back on and the arm is still playing up, you cannot always turn on the fog lights and when you do they stay on no matter what, I have disconected the wiring plug to turn them off and now the interior lights will not turn off? I cannot see any burnt wires or blown fuses.
If I disconnect the wiring plug from the fog lights arm they turn off no problems so it is either the arm needs changing or there is somethink else draing the battery.
On the wiring plug when disconnected on the bottom row and the ignition off the following wires are live, Pink with Blue line, the 2nd Brown with White line, both Blue with Orange line and the Pink with Red line, when I turn the ignition on the Blue wire on the top line becomes live.
On the fuse box under the steering column with the igition off fuses 2 and 3 are alive, I pulled number 2 out locked the car and the interior light stayed on this is with the wiring plug connect to the arm, I put the fuse back in and pulled number 3 out and the lights went out but the alarm did not work so now I have come to a dead end Please help, when the ignition is turned on there is no change to the live fuses.
Number 2 fuse is a 15A and says Park Lights
Number 3 fuse is a 20A and says RKE DR LKS
I hope someone can help me.
(Update)
Since I have disconnected the wiring loom from the Indicator/for lights arm the battery is not being drained so this would mean that the arm is faulty unless there is a regulator of built in fuse between the for lights and arm? Can anyone help?