Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within...

Paint Revival

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Default Paint Revival

I purchase all my chemicals through http://www.detailyourcar.com

For cars with out a clear coat.

What you need:
Meguiar's Paint Cleaner Red bottle, step 1 of their 3 step system
Meguiar's Polish Red bottle, step 2 of their 3 step system
Meguiar's Gold Class Wax Black bottle in a box

Start with a freshly washed vehicle. Dry it off and then let the fun begin. You can use a machine to apply the paint cleaner, be it a high speed orbital polisher (not a high speed wheel), or a random orbital buffer. Let it come to a haze and then remove. It will be slightly difficult to take off ALL of cleaner and polish (such as powder residue) so don't panic, it'll get re-moistened and taken off with the next layer. Step 2, go apply the polish by hand because if you apply it with a machine, it will most likely leave swirls. Go ahead and take off the polish after it hazes. Then use a closed cell foam applicator be it machine or by hand and apply your favorite wax (I recomend Meguiar's Gold Class). Remove after it hazes

For cars with clear coat:
What you need:
Meguiar's Paint Cleaner Red bottle, step 1 of their 3 step system
Meguiar's Polish Red bottle, step 2 of their 3 step system
Clay barSterling Laboratories clay bar lube
Clay bar lube Get the grey or the light blue one
Meguiar's Gold Class Wax Black bottle in a box

Start with a freshly washed vehicle. Dry it off and then let the fun begin. You can use a machine to apply the paint cleaner, be it a high speed orbital polisher (not a high speed wheel), or a random orbital buffer. Let it come to a haze and then remove. It will be slightly difficult to take off ALL of cleaner and polish (such as powder residue) so don't panic, it'll get re-moistened and taken off with the next layer. Step 2, go apply the polish by hand because if you apply it with a machine, it will most likely leave swirls. Go ahead and take off the polish after it hazes. Lay down a light layer of lube on 1 pannel at a time. Then run the clay over the lube making sure you cover the WHOLE area. Afteryou have completed running the clay bar over the lube, dry it off.Then use a closed cell foam applicator be it machine or by hand and apply your favorite wax (I recomend Meguiar's Gold Class). Remove after it hazes