Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

2004 Sebring LXi, 2.7, passenger window goes down only...?

Old 03-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Default 2004 Sebring LXi, 2.7, passenger window goes down only...?

Hi all,
Last year I bought 2004 Sebring LXi. So far so good, but... in the last 3-4 months occasionally I couldn't open the passenger window from the Master switch, if there is nobody in that seat. It worked when a person is in the seat. So I assumed that there might be a sensor, which responds only when there is a person there (not very smart though...). Fine.
Yesterday it happened again. So I tried the switch from the passenger side. It opened the window, but it couldn't close it back. Same from the Master Switch. Now the window is half open. The other 3 windows are working fine.

So far:

No noise when it moves down (so the regulator should be OK).
Checked the fuses - all are OK.
I opened the passenger door trim, checked the switch itself - is shows continuity to one of the cables, but not to the other.Assuming that the 2 neighbour cables should correspond to Up and Down. There are 2 groups: 3 and 2, totaling 5 in the passenger door. Don't have any schematics

Tried to switch the cables and make the window to close with Open-command --> no result.

What options do I have to close the window?
Is it the motor... running only in one direction ?
How can I check the Switch? Is it possible to be the Master Switch the problem?
What should I do to disconnect the motor and remove/ replace it?

PS: there is a strange noise when I put the ignition in ON position, which I didn't hear before. Something like ssszzzzdt, very low volume, lasting 2-3 seconds, coming from the control panel direction. No idea if this is Normal or connected to the main issue.