General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'07 Aspen...Got Troubles!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Default '07 Aspen...Got Troubles!

My Aspen is 60 miles short of 3,000 miles. Since I have had the vehicle it has acted very strange. It all started while in drive the vehicle will increase in RPM's but will not move in forward or in reverse. Now this included a time or two while stopped at a light. My freaky Aspen's new thing is to have a momentary loss of engine power followed by the dash board illuminating as if the vehicle was in the ignition state but not started. Once this event takes place the vehicle will not log miles driven, does not show current speed, does not show RPM’s, shows every warning light available, the engine fan goes at full speed, the AC fan kicks on (it’s winter….No I do not have the AC on), and finally “it does read the gas gage.” How ironic!!! This condition can be cleared by restarting the vehicle. The dealer (Donovan Dodge of Sierra Vista, Arizona) /Chrysler has not recognized this as a normal fault and the vehicle stores no fault codes that have led to a problem with a solution. This event has taken place 12 times. However, this only happened twice when located near a dealer or not at an inconvenient time. I'm a Soldier and I also run a Disc Jockey Business. Here are just a few inconvenient times: 4:00 am (going to training), heading to a wedding ceremony, or my favorite day "Sunday" when no dealer/automotive repairer can be found. The first time the tech at Donovan Dodge of Sierra Vista, AZ witnessed my Freaky Aspen in action he did not believe the computer output he was reading. The tech having no witnesses present turns the car off and viola no problem. The tech’s supervisor and Chrysler were in disbelief. Now I have finally experienced this problem while the dealer was open and I was close by. The tech was very smart this time to get witnesses to show the computer reading NO PCM, NO ABS, NO PWR STEER…etc. while running; Chrysler says “the vehicle should not be running.” No $h!+ !!!! “Get this vehicle off my hands and off the streets.” This ticking time bomb of disaster has not been worth my money. “Sorry for the venting!!! Let me get back to the issue at hand. It is Saturday night and I’m without a vehicle. My Freaky Aspen has been in the store since Thursday 7:30 a.m. and I most likely won’t get it back until some undetermined date after Monday. Meanwhile I have not been granted a replacement vehicle or rental car. Am I the consumer at fault for picking this "fine automobile" to be the luxury vehicle for my family? Am I the consumer to blame for selecting this very vehicle? I have kids to get to school, a Soldier’s job to do, a business to run and a wife that’s mad! “Feel my pain!” Much thanks to Chrysler, Donovan Dodge of Sierra Vista, AZ and my “Freaky A$$-Pin” another Combat Veteran has protected his freedom to walk!!!!!!