General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Fan/Heat problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Default Fan/Heat problem

1st let me say that I'm not crazy (like the dealer thinks).. 2007 300 AWD Touring with Manual dials for heat/ac, NOT AUTO Temp Control...

This is the issue.. Its cold out.. about 10 degrees on average in the AM.. I go outside, start the car, crank the heat and fan to full.. Go back inside and come back in approx 10 mins or so... fan and heat are rock'n at this point...I put the car in reverse, back down the driveway and before I can go 100 yards, the fan shuts right down to minimal output.. what does come out is still hot air, but it comes out at a level/amount less that the lowest setting.. I turn the fan off, back on, comes on high for 3 seconds, then dies right down to near nothing again...

Last week the dealer said there was no problems with the car, but replaced the blower due to a service bulletin and all should be set now... Monday morning (1st morning I used the car after picking it up) I go thru my routine of warming up the car as always.. get 20ft down my driveway and the same thing happens.. car is at the shop again, they just called and said nothing is wrong but they put another new blower in the car... I know im going to have the same issue..

3 months old... 4k miles... PO'd.... any ideas?

Old 01-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Fan/Heat problem

humm i dont see any tsb for anything relating to a blower motor or the resistor.
DO u have auto temp controls and using it in manual or just standard 3 **** no led temp control??
This sounds like to me a blower motor resistor if u have auto temp control.
PS did they replace the blower t self or the resistor??

Old 01-30-2007, 03:51 PM

3 *****..

said there was a serv. bullet. re. it and they replaced the whole blower... 2x now...

Old 01-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

haha the blower is only an output does not control anything some people.
Plus would u not think that the second time replacing the same thing that it may not be that ???? I still dont see a tsb for your car on that ask them for the tsb # if u get a chance.
From what u are saying my guess is that u have low mileage problem aka some one rushed when installing your system. From the wiring diagram u get power from the fuse box 12 volts to the motor then goes through the resistor for what ever setting u have it set to and then to the control head. I would say bad connection at either c202,reistor or control head. Because when u backup u could be pulling the harness away just enough so that it only allowes the connection for the low speed to work. When it does that and u put it back into drive does it work again normaly??? or stay that way untill u restart the car or when does it work again??

Old 01-30-2007, 05:50 PM

it has triggered in reverse, as well as in drive, but always withing 2 mins of getting in the car and starting to drive...

i have never pulled right over and turned the car off and then back on to check (im always running late for work). Usually when I hop in, all is well.. just seems to be that the only time i have high blasting for 10-15 mins straight is when i let the car warm up, and thats when i get the problem...

yesterday when it happened, i was hell bent on showing them what the issue is (cause they think im crazy).. i drove all the way to the dealer with the problem happening, put it in park and it was still doing it.. never turned the car off, left it running, went inside and grabbed the tech to come see it for himself.. sure enough, when we got back outside, it was working fine!!!!!!!!!!!

replacing the same part 2x's for the same problem that was never fixed? yes, i agree.. something sounds off with that.. I had a 10 minute lecture session with the service manager right before i made my 1st post.. his final answer was that the TSB says that there are "shorts" in a lot of the blowers, so they should replace it again.. my thought - they never replaced it the 1st time and were hoping to get the warranty $$ and free part from Chrysler...

Old 01-30-2007, 05:51 PM

also, ill get the TSB# from them when I pick the car up tonight and post it up..