General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Low Brake Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Default Mysterious Brake Issue???

Good afternoon to All hope someone can help!

Here is the scoop. I have a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring Addition AWD 4.0L. This vehicle has a little over 40k miles on it. Last week while on a fishing/hunting trip to kodiak alaska my wife calls and tells me the low brake fluid light came on and asked what she should do. Told her to go and get dot3 brake fluid and add it which she did. I am not sure how low it was but she said it wasn't very low. Well the computer did not recognize the added brake fluid and there is what looks to be the parking brake light on and will not go out. After reading in the manual it states that this light will also come on when there is something acting up with the brakes. I have tried scewing around with the parking braking brake, checked the brake fluid and all the pads etc. I could not find anything wrong so I took the vehicle up to MIDAS and had them inspect. They also said the said they looked over everything, rotors, calipers, lines, everything looked fine. They do not know what the problem is, .... So I am asking for some help and wondering what I can do. The warranty is out on the vehicle and do not trust the dealership here in Anchorage Alaska! Where is the snsor in the Resevoir for the brake fluid, and how hard is this to change? What can I do???

Thank you very much in advance,
Jesse Winn

Last edited by sargevrod; 08-01-2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Title not grabbing interest.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Default Myserty Low Brake Fluid

Can I just change out the Brake Fluid Reservoir?