General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

odd problem

Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Default odd problem

and this problem i speak of will also be hard to explain.

so i recenty purchased a 03 concorde a few months ago , and i like the car , service engine light was on and remains on - codes are telling me i need to change the brand of 02 sensors and i also have a transmission error.(0700) anyway last night i had to go pick up g/f due to her car in the shop. and every now and the when my speed gets over 45 mph and then i start to slow down , the car surges a bit and kicks down into first gear kinda hard. like its suppose to , just not with such force , when the surge occurs i know it will no longer up shift , i will be stuck in first , i then must pull over and shut the car off and re-start , then all is good. So i have study countless hours on this subject and now i have come to the conclusion my shift solenoid is bad. These solenoids are on ebay marked cleaned up and rebuilt and marked for $85. now im thinking , i wonder if i could just take mine out and clean it up with some chemicals and a high pressure hose. (thats the plan) but damn i forgot my question , so i started to go get the g/f last night and the car didnt feel right at all , i think the shift points have also changed. and im getting a noise , i doubt anyone else would pick up on the noise or the way the car drives now? its just different. im gonna try and describe the noise. the noise is faint. imagine you have a large suv maybe a tahoe or pathfinder and you just put 4 brand new tire's on that bad boy. now these tires are for the street but can also be used for mud or snow use , they have some deep tread on em. and its 3 in the morning your driving your radio dont work and you have your windows down. and you can hear your new tires making contact with the street. thats what my car sounds like. when im at 45 mph and just slide up in N (testing the trans) it still makes that faint odd
noise. im kinda thinking maybe its something to do with a axle. please help me out guys , it took me hours to write this damn post , it really did. give me something , or ask me something.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:34 PM

Dang guys , my current situation has forced me to make arrangements at the nearest chrysler dealership tomm. However due to my type of employment that has caused me to dwell in such a small town in Tn. The closest dealership is almost a 2hr drive , and im not sure the car is ok to drive in its current condition? can anyone give me a idea of what might be the problem of my car? i dont think its in the trans? however it does seem as if it does shift at different times now , it lets the rpm's get higher. i get the noise , but while im driving if i throw it into neutral while driving im still hearing the noise. im starting to wonder if this prob could be a axle? i checked for codes and no new ones. same 0700 - 0152 - 0134 - I have had these codes for some time. any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. i will pay-pal you $1.00

Old 10-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know what it is gonna take to get u to understand this.
U have asked about the trans in I would say 3 different posts and each time U are given an answer to have a shop scan the trans computer for the correct codes. Each time u don't then u open up a new post thinking some one will give u a different answers it wont happen.
This is the last time I am gonna say anything
U WILL NEED TO GET THE CODES FROM THE TRANS COMPUTER BEFORE ANY CERTAIN DIOG OR REPAIR CAN BE DONE. Most local shops can get the codes for u.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:38 PM

nevermind , i traded in that piece of **** on my way to the dealershipship. f''' it- got a 350z , no problems now - just high insurance. you kids have fun