General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Wont start?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Default Wont start?

We have a 2004 Pacifica and have gone through two batteries. Fusz Motors in St Peters sold it to us in 2006, and they don't even want to touch it. Whenit wont start, dont attempt to start it again. If you get a jump soon, it will start, but the battery is most likely dead. The only common thread is the timer on the lights causing a parasitic load. If the timer is left on, then it dies. My wife cuts off everything, and it didnt get the second battery until I drove it(dont drive it much) and forgot to cut off that light timer. Dead as a doornail by morning. I have owned Chrysler products faithfully since 1980, and this heap of garbage will be my last. Chrysler wont help.Fusz motors and their "motors forever" , as well as the useless warranty they sold us are garbage too. Never again, go ahead and merge with GM, they now make trash too, and you deserve each other. I just bought a Ford for the first time since 1983, and will now buy more.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Default RE: Wont start?

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with your local dealer and they aren't willing to help out. Doing a little seearching found that there was a service tip out there for a similar problem don't know if its exactly what you are dealing with. The cluster has a timer in it that should turn off the lights after about 8 minutes with the key in the off position. if this doesn't happen theres a problem in the cluster and it needs to be replaced. Again not sure if this is what is happening and would have it checked out to confirm let me know if you need more help with the issue.