New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

2004 pacifica immobilizer

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Default 2004 pacifica immobilizer

Hello All,

I have read many posts, both on here and other sites regarding the 'service immobilizer' in the EVIC. I am currently experiencing this problem myself. More specifically, Sometimes when I turn on the Pac it will not even startup but simply read 'service immobilizer'. If I let her sit for a few hours and return she will start up. I cannot figure out what could be the cause.

In a service manual I have it states that the SKREEM would send this message and it reads when the key is not being recognized. Wouldnt this happen all the time if it was a faulty key? The SKREEM is located in the Body Control Module from what the manual says and it states that failure of one or some components in the BCM are possible.

My question is: How can I determine this myself if possible. The malfunction indicator light has'nt come on at all since this 1st started so probably no fault codes. Has anyone experienced this same scenario? and if so, why the certain amount of time before it turns on again? (possible bcm and or skreem reset after a certain amount of time?) Any help would be greatly appreciated. I intend to take it either to the dealership or a trusted mechanic.

Thanks in advance
Yorksir