New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

2005 chrysler pacifica touring 3.5 no start

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 10:15 PM
Default 2005 chrysler pacifica touring 3.5 no start

Hi chryslerforum community I'm new here and had a question maybe there's a answer to maybe not I own 2 chrysler pacifica with 3.5 engine on them one has 115k the other has 98k on it the Pacifica that got crasheD totalled from the rear and the driver who hit it took off that one starts and semi drives the other one does not start no crank I upgraded the grounds and still no start now Im getting very frustrated because I can't seem to make it start.
My question is can I swap the ignition switch the pcm and bcm to make the no start pacifica .
start from the donor crashed pacifica any ideas if this is possible would appreciate it thanks

Old 05-05-2016, 10:05 AM

Welcome to the forum. You might try posting your question in the Pacifica part of the forum rather than here since it relates to a Pacifica. This is the area where people introduce themselves.

Regarding your question, there are hundreds of parts that are involved in starting the car, and it makes no sense to randomly swap out a few in the blind hope that you might chance on the correct one or two that actually matter.

Spend a few dollars and get a volt-ohm meter and trace down the flow of electricity from the battery through the ignition to the starter motor to see if you can figure out why it won't crank. Look for rusted connections, broken wires, etc. If you are getting power to the starter motor but it still won't crank, then pull the starter and take it to a parts store to have it tested.
You need to use a systematic and logical approach to see what is working on the car and what isn't. Randomly swapping parts out is almost guaranteed not to work and to waste time, money and effort. With computers, they generally need to be programmed for the car, so swapping them from car to car may not work at all.