New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

2007 town and country in Calif

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 03:08 PM
Default 2007 town and country in Calif

I am a new member in California. I am the original owner of a 2007 Town and Country. It has been a workhorse for eleven years. I just joined the forum because Chrysler just cancelled my lifetime powertrain warranty. It seems I missed an inspection due at ten years and without notification they have withdrawn the warranty. There is no person of authority to appeal my case. I wanted to see how many others have experienced the same thing. This would be a good reason for a class action suit against Chrysler since they promise the warranty and remove it without notification or notice. My van has been dealer serviced and I have kept up on all maintenance. When it was inspected in year 9 the van only had a leaky valve cover gasket. Since I rarely drive the van in year 11 with less than six thousand miles in a two year period they said I failed to do a mandatory inspection. I looked at my original paperwork on the car and the warranty book doesn't even address the lifetime powertrain warranty. Chrysler customer service has no authority to reinstate the warranty and after writing a letter to Chrysler two months ago I am stuck. Chrysler has denied thousands of people because of this unreasonable requirement and it may be time to get all owners reimbursed for their hardship. I had planned to keep my van but now can't. I plan to write my Congressman next and a class action lawyer next. Not a good way to come into the forum but Chrysler promised me a lifetime powertrain warranty and now has taken it away with a unreasonable technicality. Anxious to know your thoughts. Lee in Calif

Old 05-24-2018, 09:54 AM

Not a very active forum. Usually you get a couple welcomes.