New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

HVAC Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 09:25 PM
Default HVAC Problem?

I have owned my 2011 Chrysler 200 limited for about 3 months. I really love the vehicle, but I have recently encountered a problem that I am baffled. I thought I would join the forum and get fellow owners a chance to help me answer my questions. My car is equipped with the AUTO AC/Heater. I don't generally use it on auto but this problem happens in all modes: Air, Heat and auto. This has never happened when I was driving in town at slower speeds only on the interstate at higher speeds and it doesn't happen immediately. So while I a driving usually at highway speeds the blower stops working I can hear it running very at normal speed with changes to the dial settings but there is nothing coming out of the vents, at any setting. If I switch from defrost to vent to auto there it still does not come out of any vent. This normally subsides after the vehicle is restarted but can take several times. Once it stops it will work for a while but eventually do it again. This has never happened while driving in town. Its becoming very irritating and dangerous because my windows fogged up today. I know on cars I have owned in the past I could recalibrate the blender doors but I am unsure if I can do that on this car. Has anyone else had this experience. It sounds like the blend doors are closing, but I am not sure.