New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Need Help with my 06 Sebring

Old 07-01-2017, 04:27 PM
Default Need Help with my 06 Sebring

Hello Everyone

I bought a 2006 sebring convertible 2.7 almost a year ago now from a private party seller online. I have had nothing but trouble with it but for the most part it was stuff that I was comfortable with since I grew up fixing cars with my dad, ac compresser and alternator went out at the same time (siezed and throwing sparks), that god forsaken battery, ball bearings, issues with the convertible top, break, and a few small things. But then I was driving home from my fiances parents house about 10 miles away when it just died on the highway and I had to get it towed home for the 2nd time. This time it is out of my knowledge. I have a low end Bluetooth scan tool so I pulled the codes and it had p0016, p2074, p0344, p0340. I replaced the cam position sensor and to no avail. A buddy back home told me it was probably the timing chain tensioner and the chained might have jumped, which at that point I kind of gave up because I have a lot of tools but not all that I would need for that job nor would my apartment like me tearing that deep into my engine in their parking lot. It is getting no spark and I know that chryslers have finicky ignition systems so before I junk the car and call it a horrible wash I am reaching out for help. Like I said I grew up working on cars but always chevys and fords so Chrysler is a little new to me. I can do it with a little guidance just need help with the diagnostic process, and money is a HUGE no go zone. I have already spent way to much keeping this heep on the road, at this point I really want to get it fixed so I can sell it instead of junking it.

Old 07-01-2017, 04:29 PM

When I replaces the cam sensor 3 out of 4 codes went away but I forgot to write down which one remained. None the less the vehicle has been in a no-start condition since it died on the highway. I would go scan it but the battery died while it was sitting there.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:06 AM

Welcome to the forum. You might have a little better luck with your question by posting it up in the Sebring part of the forum rather than here in the new members section which is for introducing yourself.

Anyway, the way I read your question, the car won't start, there were some codes but some of them went away, so now you can't read the codes because the battery is dead and that's where the situation stands.

Without any information concerning the codes stored in the computer, all anybody can do is make guesses about what's wrong, which is just a waste of time. Get the battery charged, get the codes properly read and go from there.

You don't have to junk a car that is not running. There's always somebody who will buy it. Obviously, you can sell a car for a lot more money if it's running.