New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

old new guy

Old 05-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Default old new guy

howdy folks, I joined the forum, a year & a half, maybe 2 yrs ago, needing help with my Durango.s old it about year or so ago, and recently, 3 wks to be exact, purchased a 2004 Crosfire, from a good friend, of mine. I live in So. California, so I receive alot of compliments, cuz, there aren't very many of them around. The car is very clean, everything works, as far as i can see, except for the AC blower motor. I purchased a service manual on line, but I need one a little more simplified...i bought a used resistor, but it did'nt work.. Now if any of you good people could , share some of your expert advice with me, I truly appreciate it, and someday be able to return the favor. 2 questions..#1 when I installed the resistor, I had used a small piece of duct tape,, on back side of screw holes, to hold screws in place, does mounting the resistor, to blower ground the resistor, should I remove the tape.? #2 can I get a list of all fuses, and or relays associated with blower? And please, any other things that can affect the blower,please help.. Thank You..Charles... ps. it doesnt work on any speed.ps.I was told, that if a car of this calibur doesn't have any freon in it that it wont run..that'll do it for me....a pre-thank-you to all.

Last edited by charles92154; 05-04-2017 at 03:55 AM. Reason: add 1 more idea, someone told me.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:38 PM

Welcome to the forum. You may want to browse through the Crossfire section of the forum to see if anyone else has encountered and solved your problem.
As to your specific questions, when the resistor goes bad, the usual symptom is that the blower will only work on high speed. When the dial is turned to high speed, all the resistors are bypassed.
Not sure about the Crossfire, but if it's like every other car the resistor is screwed into the HVAC plenum, which is plastic, so grounding through a screw is not an issue.
If you have a factory shop manual, it should have all the wiring diagrams, ground locations, connector pinouts, fuses, relays, etc. in it.
If you have a volt-ohm meter, use it to see if you're getting juice to the blower motor. If not, then the problem is upstream of the motor. If you are getting juice at the motor, then it's either a ground problem or the motor is bad.
This stuff isn't rocket science, and you can usually figure it out with a logical approach and some basic diagnostic equipment. The hard part is contorting yourself into place to actually work on stuff.
If the refrigerant is low, the A/C compressor won't come on, but the blower should still work since it is necessary for the heater and defroster.

Old 05-04-2017, 03:10 PM

thank you for all your help.It's much appreciated. I'll check out the wiring diagrams, if I can.. If i have a problem understanding it, hopefully I can post it , and get some more feed back.. I was a carpenter all my life.. If it was made outta wood, I'd have it fixed by now. take care, and thanx again....