New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

piece of crap new dodge charger

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Default piece of crap new dodge charger

bought a new crappy charger, hunderds of problems, dealer has had it a total of four months, told me it is their option not to fix it because they dont know how. car has less than 10,000 miles on it, fuel pumps, computers, windshield, dash board, stereo, door handles, these and so much more have been replaced, and car is still not right.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

ok so whats the question?

Old 08-24-2012, 05:22 PM

no question, just dont understand how i can buy a $32,000 car, and cant drive it because am unsure ifit will make it. Pretty bad when dealer tells you they dont know how to fix the car and go park it until they can comeup with a solution. Just voicing my frustration.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:51 PM

No lemon laws in your state?

Old 08-24-2012, 08:14 PM

no lemon laws in my state, chrysler states that they have only spent $10,600 so far to fix this vehicle, they havent spent enough on it to qualify for a buy back. I wonder how much they have to spend.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

2/3 of the value of the car
And what seams to be the issue any way?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:57 AM

where to begin with the problems. Car has had two fuel pumps fail, the windshield come apart, 2 stereos fail, 6 sets of doo handles replaces, new body control module, new engine computer, power windows had to be reprogrammed, fog lights had to be programmed, transmission controller replaced, throttle sticks, map sensor replaced, transmission again reprogrammed, abs problems, traction light flashes, when you accelerate hard, you sometimes smell plastic burning. The instrument panel had to be replaced. The stereo is out again.... the other day i changed stations, and the display showed i was on station " 0.7 " on the fm dial. but was tuned into 980 on the am dial. I even have a face book page on this car. So many problems, but at this point in time, i cant afford to get rid of it, but dont trust the car to drive it. 90% on the miles on it is driving to and from the dealer and them test driving it.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

I dont see 1 problem listed all I see is what was done. SO u have separate issues with each one then right?
A lemon law anyway is where a single issue can not be fixed on 3 separate issues.
Either its a cust issue or U got a monday or friday car when built.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:36 AM

first got the car, key fob was inop, they replaced door handles, week two, key fob inop, replaced door handles again, next day key fob inop, replaced door handles, and instrument panel, had car for 34 days. got car back, fuel pump went out 3 days later, got car back, had mil light for bad map sensor, they replaced that. Power windows quit working, they replaced body control module. Stereo quit 2 days later, they replaced it. Fog lights quit the next week, they had to reprogram. transmission quit shifting the following week, had to replace the controller. Almost a month went by with no problems, took the car out of state, fuel pump failed again on way back. The cd player would play you cd's just fine, but when you removed the cd, the player would continue to play the music from the cd. The read ahead memory had failed. They replaced that. The transmission quit shifting again, they reprogammed it again. it still has a 8 second delay defore it goes into reverse, they said i have to live with it. The car refused to start one day, they had to replace the ecm, they dont know why it failed. Two weeks ago, i woke up to see my windshield had "spiderwebbed". They said for some reason the two pieces of glass had seperated, and they replace my windshield. The stereo now automaticly turns to am when i am listening to a fm channel, and the display shows " 07 ". They traction light flashes for no reason, there is so much more with this car that i have named her "christine"

Old 08-25-2012, 09:37 AM

i think they started building this car friday night at the end of the shift, and finished it up on monday morning first thing.