Other Any other Chrysler within.

1994 chrysler lebaron conv. LOST SPARK

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Default 1994 chrysler lebaron conv. LOST SPARK

could it be a relay somewhere , i had this problem once before , this car has a anti theft device from the factory the lights start to blink to get them off you have to put the key in the door lock and lock and un lock and the lights go out . any help would be great .

Old 09-23-2010, 04:00 AM

You seem to be talking about two separate issues here. The title mentions spark issues, but the message talks about the security system.

What brings you to the conclusion that you've lost spark? Does the engine simply refuse to fire?
If this is the case, then check a few things. One....the coil wire, to make sure it is securely installed, two the coil, to make sure it's putting out spark. (Assuming this is a 3.0 engine) remove the coil wire from the distributor end, insert a phillips screwdriver into the wire and lay the screwdriver near a bracket, with the shank about 1/4 inch away, but not touching any metal directly. Then, crank the engine and look for a strong blue arc from the screwdriver shank to the bracket or other metal surface (head, block, etc.) that is grounded. If you have no arc, then you may need a new coil pack. (This, assuming the coil wire itself is good.)

Plugs. They could simply be worn to the point where the gap is just too big for them to ignite the fuel/air mixture. (or too fouled). Remove them, clean them and gap them.
Obviously, this is also assuming the plug wires are good. If they look good visually, they may still be bad. To check if they are arcing externally, get someplace dark, pop the hood and try to fire the engine. If you see spark from the wires to surrounding metal, then regardless of how good they may look......they are bad!

Start here and if this doesn't help, we can move on. These are the usual suspects for no, or poor, spark.

Keep me posted!!

Old 09-23-2010, 04:32 AM

Man...another 2 year old post I bumped! I really need to start watching the dates closer, but, if it helps someone else out who may be having similar problems now, then I don't feel so bad, but still feel kinda stupid!!