Left hood up/snow storm/car wont start.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 01:43 AM
Default Left hood up/snow storm/car wont start.

Hello, these forums appear to be dead. I recently purchased a 1994 lebaron that intend to fix up a bit. Recently, I left the hood open while charging the battery and a huge snow storm filled my engine compartment whilst I slept.

When I went to start the car it would not stay started unless I continued to hold down the gas. After a few hours I was able to get it to stay started only to have it die completely and not start at all. No crank no start. All the lights and accessories worked but the starter gave no indication of life.

A day later I went out and she fired up just fine and ran just fine. On the third try it was again a no go. Every few days I'll go out and try to start and sometimes it will most times it will not. Again, it runs fine. I just cannot hear any life from the starter. Very random. Battery appears to be fine. Lights are strong.

What might this be? I am thinking of changing out the solenoid. My guess is that the starter motor is fine since it randomly works and that the solenoid itself is bad. The only problem I had with this car prior to all this is that the radio quit working.

Any ideas?