Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

04 AWD Pacifica has Clunk from the front

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Default Possible zip tie explination

Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1
Jay,

I'm getting ready to have my mechanic change out the factory sway bar bushings and replace them with the Energy Suspension ones that you used. I need some clarification, though -- I don't quite understand what you meant when you said you used industrial zip ties. What are the zip ties holding in place?

Is there any chance you could post a picture of your completed repair? And after 2 years, how are the new sway bar bushings holding up?

Thanks,
David

David, I think he meant that you wrap the zip ties around the swaybar and subframe, otherwise you may need 2 people to make sure it stays still. I can tell you from experience, you really don't want to cross thread a bolt at this angle.https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...es/redface.gif

That's my best guess at what he meant, assuming he may not see this back from two years.
Also, I've posted a link below for those curious in these, as I am:
Amazon.com: Energy Suspension 9.5169R 1-1/16" Sway Bar Bushing Set: Automotive Amazon.com: Energy Suspension 9.5169R 1-1/16" Sway Bar Bushing Set: Automotive

Also, if possible please post before/after shots as I'm very interested in this upgrade.
Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-27-2014, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ripdizzle
David, I think he meant that you wrap the zip ties around the swaybar and subframe, otherwise you may need 2 people to make sure it stays still. I can tell you from experience, you really don't want to cross thread a bolt at this angle.https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...es/redface.gif

That's my best guess at what he meant, assuming he may not see this back from two years.
Also, I've posted a link below for those curious in these, as I am:
Amazon.com: Energy Suspension 9.5169R 1-1/16" Sway Bar Bushing Set: Automotive

Also, if possible please post before/after shots as I'm very interested in this upgrade.
Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

That makes sense now, and I'll be sure to pass this on to the mechanic. If you live near an AutoZone, they can get the Energy Suspension bushings for you for $23.99. Mine took two days to get here, so not too bad.

The mechanic I use works at his home garage, complete with lift, so I'll be sure to take some pictures for you guys. I'm hoping this will silence the noise coming out of the front end -- time will tell!

Thanks,
David

Old 07-08-2014, 12:40 PM

Ok....just got back from vacation and picked up my Pacifica this morning.

The "clunk" is gone!

Here's what I had done:

Replaced both front struts with Monroe Quick-Struts
Replaced both inner and outer tie-rod ends
Replaced sway bar bushings with Energy Suspension
Replaced timing belt, water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt and all related tensioners and pulleys

Unfortunately, the mechanic forgot to take before pics of the sway bar bushings. I can post some pics of them as they look now. He did have to modify the bracket slightly in order to accomodate the factory hardware, but he said it was a quick fix.

My first impression was how quiet the car was, and how much better it handled and drove. The struts were the original ones, and they were pretty well shot. The bump stops had nearly disintegrated, and that likely was contributing to some of the noise.

Now if I could only do something about my mediocre gas mileage!!

Old 08-22-2015, 06:52 PM

Anyone know the width of the OEM bushing?
I have a "special" plastic sheet that is designed to have metal slide smoothly on one side and has adhesive on the other side.
I hope to cut it to the right width and slide inside the old bushings after loosening the bolts that hold them.