Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Replacing sound system

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Default Replacing sound system

2005 stock sound system in my PAC and was wondering if anyone changed the speakers to theirs yet? I have done research and know what size but was wondering if anyone changed their speakers for aftermarket and did they fit. I read that the magnet maybe an issue?

Also was looking to upgrade the radio to have a full face radio, did anyone do that?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Default RE: Replacing sound system

I have changed the speakers, at least the fronts so far, and installed amps and a sub. I left the stock Head unit because of all the features. I didn't have any problems with mounting depth and used high end A/D/S speakers in the front. This project has been dragging on for me and pretty much only need to install the rear door speakers (Kicker) and fine tune the system and I will be done. I used an adapter and tapped into the speaker wires at the stock amp (which will only drive the front center speaker). I'm happy with the sound quality even though the stock radio output quality is a bit less than my Alpine HU from my old car. I didn't want to loose all the features from the stock radio and the trade off is fine with me.

Old 11-01-2008, 01:03 PM

So I plan on changing all the speakers in the car as well as the stock radio. Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the 6.5 speakers from the doors? As well as the instructions to replace the highs but the seat controllers on the doors as well? I'm pretty handy but I would like to do this myself, instead of paying someone to do it.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:05 PM

Well, you have to remove the door panels and be very careful with the silver screw caps behind the inside door handle, they break very easily. I broke two of them and can't get replacements. You have to remove that screw and there is another below that. Once you remove those you have to pretty much pull the panel until all of the plugs snap out. Be careful because you have all your wiring still connected. Since you're going to replace the speakers and head unit you will need to run new speaker wires. This was a b#tch because the rubber grommet between the door and the body is long and bends plus there's a plastic piece on the body side (can't remember what they're called) that all the wires connect to. I ended up pushing the wire through one of the holes that went all the way through. This job isn't easy and it took a lot of time and patience. The speakers are mounted to a plate that is screwed to the door. Unscrew the plate from the door and then disconnect the speaker and then unscrew the speaker from the plate. You should be able to mount your new speakers onto the plate with little effort. The tweeters were a little more difficult because mine wouldn't fit into the mounting plate but I use a piece of plastic to hold them in. I ran all my wires under the carpet. If you know how to install a stereo you should be able to figure out the rest. I hope this helps.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 AM

Pac bus...thanks for your response but after reading it I decieded to let my friend the expert in car audio modifications take care of it. So here is what I did, I'll post pictures later today...

Replaced factory radio with Pioneer avh4000dvd dobule din, LOOKS GREAT!!!! Custom job to get it to fit.
Replaced factory 6.5 speakers with Pioneer TS-G1642R. Sounds better but not what I was looking for.
Have 2 7" built in TV headrests behing driver/passenger seats.

Next project is, I'm looking for the OEM enclosure for the 8" sub that comes factory with the PAC mine didn't come with it. I want to add an 8" or 10" speaker for bass. I think that this will make up the for the 4 6.5 that I have.

What do you think?

Old 11-13-2008, 01:20 PM

The whole factory bass unit is very expensive and in my opinion not worth it. I just put an 8" in a box that I got from Parts Express for like $9 on closeout. I think they still have them. The 8 doesn't take up too much space but I would imagine a 10 will be in the way. I put a MA Audio 400W 8 in there and it sounds good. If you remove the panel where the stock sub is supposed to go you'll see that it would take a lot of mod work to get anything to fit in there besides the stock sub. If you go the stock sub route remember to check what kind of power it can handle and also it's probably 2ohms. I would imagine that you would have to buy a separate amp for that. I'm not sure how good that stock sub will sound with your upgraded system. Good luck.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:21 PM

PacBus...can you send me the link on what you bought on partsexpress? The guy that I does all my audio for my cars is thinking about doing a custom 10' speaker instead of the 8'. I don't want to do that because when the time comes to sell the car, i hope in 50k miles more, I don't want to worry about what I'm going to put there. I think that an 8" sub with a good amp will be plenty. My kids will still feel the vibration in the car, no

Old 11-14-2008, 03:11 PM

This is the box that I bought and now it's only $5. The sub I bought from an online store. Just make sure the sub that you buy matches the specs of the box.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=269-975