300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Overheating and no a/c!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Default Overheating and no a/c!!!!

Hello, I have a 1994 Chyrsler LHS that has been overheating. I checked out the Fan Relays and fuses which all of them are fine. The a/c was working fine but now when I turn the a/c on the fans do not turn and it just blows hot air. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 PM

ac compressors have clutches. I'd first check to see if you can freely turn the clutch by hand. If so I'd then turn the car on and AC on to see if you clutch spins or stays stationary while the belts are spinning.

From there you have to check fuses and then the compressor which I don't know how to do on this car.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:27 AM

[QUOTE=shatcher80;52695]Hello, I have a 1994 Chyrsler LHS that has been overheating. I checked out the Fan Relays and fuses which all of them are fine. The a/c was working fine but now when I turn the a/c on the fans do not turn and it just blows hot air. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?[

I have a 97 LHS that had an overheating problem and looked to the forum for a possible solution. I tried every suggestion with the cooling system, crawled all over multiple models in the junkyard and think there is a design flaw in the first generation of LH cars that my mechanic pointed out to me. I can only relate this in dumb *** girl terms, but there is a fuseable link in the power cable from the battery to the relay box. I have found multiple cars with corrosion on the contact points of that cable, which I've been told hinders the flow of electricity. I replaced the fuseable linked line with a solid cable from one of those junkyard cars and one major problem was solved. Its not a fix-all, but certainly is worth trying.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 AM

I'm pretty sure the A/c won't work if the cooling fans don't work! Check with jumper leads to fans to see if the fans are still good, I have an overheating problem & no A/C & fans (both motors ) will not turn with direct power, so off to spend $220.00 !
More money to the money pit!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-05-2013, 12:12 AM

I replaced the cooling fans, the whole assy. & overheating problem & lack of air conditioning is fixed, knock on wood it stays that way!!!!!!!

Old 08-05-2013, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by oldbear
I replaced the cooling fans, the whole assy. & overheating problem & lack of air conditioning is fixed, knock on wood it stays that way!!!!!!!
I forgot to add both my fans did not work with power connected directly & I thought it hard to believe they would both quit at the same time but, sometimes it happens that way!!!!!!!!!!