Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Uconnect 430 RBZ not saving all MP3's from thumbdrive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 05:58 AM
Question Uconnect 430 RBZ not saving all MP3's from thumbdrive?

Hi all,
I've been loading MP3's via the front USB port and noticed that at least a 1/4 are not being saved to the drive.
I've formatted the drive, uploaded files a bit of a time (instead of all at once) and tried other USB sticks (NTFS and FAT32) with no luck.
Sometimes browsing folders on the USB stick to copy over, will produce an "unsupported format" error.
All files are MP3 and there are no other file types inside.
Any tips? Is it possible the MP3s are tagged with something the 430 doesn't like?
Otherwise, the 430 RBX is a great unit, too bad my SIRIUS 1yr trial is almost up

BTW, is there an official site to download firmware for the 430? I've seen post for 430N users burning the firmware to CD/thumb drive and updating this way, maybe this will help with my issue.

Last one, i also tried uploading MP3's via the glove compartment USB drive, but none of the sticks i used were detected at all!?!

Old 02-28-2014, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by mcgusto
Hi all,
I've been loading MP3's via the front USB port and noticed that at least a 1/4 are not being saved to the drive.
I've formatted the drive, uploaded files a bit of a time (instead of all at once) and tried other USB sticks (NTFS and FAT32) with no luck.
Sometimes browsing folders on the USB stick to copy over, will produce an "unsupported format" error.
All files are MP3 and there are no other file types inside.
Any tips? Is it possible the MP3s are tagged with something the 430 doesn't like?
Otherwise, the 430 RBX is a great unit, too bad my SIRIUS 1yr trial is almost up

BTW, is there an official site to download firmware for the 430? I've seen post for 430N users burning the firmware to CD/thumb drive and updating this way, maybe this will help with my issue.

Last one, i also tried uploading MP3's via the glove compartment USB drive, but none of the sticks i used were detected at all!?!

I never had any problems I just waited until the unit was done uploading everything, and maybe the glovebox USB cord isn't connected in the back, who knows.

I ripped out the head-unit and installed the pioneer avh-8400 bh not too long ago, never looked back.