Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Uconnect radio preset #7?

Old 12-10-2018, 11:03 AM
Default Uconnect radio preset #7?

For the past 2 months whenever I first start my 300S then press the radio "tune/jump" button on my steering wheel, no matter what station was previously tuned, the radio jumps immediately to preset #7. After that the jump button goes to the next station and so on without trouble. I have had the vehicle for almost a year now and it worked fine before that. Start the car, radio is on preset #5, press the jump button and it goes to preset #6. That was the normal behavior.

Now, when I start the car, no matter what station is tuned, as soon as I hit the button on the left side of the steering wheel to "jump" to the next preset ... it goes to preset #7. If it was last on preset 7 when I turned the car off, then I start the car and preset the jump button, it doesn't "stay" on preset 7 but rather pauses and re-tunes to preset 7. Same thing if I had it on preset 10 (or any other preset), when I shut off the car, turn the car on, press the jump button, and back it goes to preset 7. The dealer said they did a "factory reset" on the radio. I have also blown away all my stations and redone them. Same thing every time.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?