Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in and read the latest from Chrysler.

Dealership Experiences Map

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Administrator
Default Dealership Experiences Map

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_558247/tm.htm

Old 12-21-2023, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Midnight 85
The thread has been removed apparently at Dodge Forum? I'll start the thread with my experiences at Mopar dealers. First experiences were during the mid 1980s in Florida when my wife and I purchased our first 'new car', a 1985 Chrysler LeBaron GTS. Nickel and dime issues, nothing major beyond a evap pressure/temperature control switch and properly resetting the PCM on the 2.2L motor (mis-print in the early editions of the factory shop manual led to crappy running motors)). Paid for everything out of pocket, including items that should have been covered under warranty. Good and memorable car otherwise. Moved over to Ford in 1988 and kept the GTS until it was totaled in 1994 (no injuries).

Bought nothing but Fords (one Mercury) up through to our current 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat. All vehicles were relatively trouble free with warranty issues being effortless. Sold my 2004 Mercury Marauder to purchase my 2020 300S new from a dealer 500 miles away. Lovely car, not disappointed, except for 'dealer service' here in Western Piedmont area of NC. Three Mopar dealers I've dealt with since purchasing my current car seem to still be more concerned with DEI than competent service, resulting in high personnel turnovers and many unhappy customers.

My 300S went to the local dealer for warranty(?) work for the first time earlier this year. I was charged for 2 of 3 items (all minor) and nothing was repaired. Local independent shop I've used for years promptly repaired all three items and didn't charge me. Claims he knows people at the dealer in question. In recent months, two interior door panels were replaced due to 'warping'. One panel was incorrect and had to be reordered. Correct panel came in relatively quickly, but I wasn't notified until I contacted the dealer about 6 weeks later. Correct panel installed. 300 had just cleaned up at the local detail shop I use before delivering to the dealer.

Picked up car with door glass and frame covered in fingerprints and assorted markings from the panel install. Dealer offered to re-clean 300 but it was late afternoon and I was ready to go home - cleaned up the fingerprints, etc. myself the next day. I recall inquiring about the ETA for the replacement door panel, receiving a response offering to buy my car!?!? Made another inquiry a couple of weeks later, the response was a sales pitch for Mopar MaxCare, which I already have.

Hoping my experiences with the dealer improve.