Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

1996 Chrysler Sebring JX... No Spark to Spark Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 AM

I did put a new distributor... 2 times matter of fact... The first time was a distributor from a 1996 sebring JX... It didn't work... Sooo, I went to autozone and bought the $230 distributor in... Still dont work...

I'ma try using a hairdryer and blowing it on the PCM... See if it gets warm and try to crank it again... See if it works!!!

I'ma keep you updated...

Old 10-07-2011, 01:32 PM

The car is in the shop as we speak... So I'ma let you guys know what is wrong with it...

Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 PM

Well finally after 6 months... My car has has been fixed I put it in a shop... It needed a new engine wire harness the wires leading to the distributor were worn off... Thanks for helping out tho... Thank god... I really needed a car!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 09:10 PM

Now I just need to figure out how to fix the heat it only blows out of defrost... Lol... Its cold too!!! I need heat!!!

Old 10-18-2018, 03:22 PM
Default 98 Sebring convertible V6 getting fuel but no spark

I have a 98 Sebring convertible V6 it has no spark the low fuel light came on and it died thought it ran out of gas put 5 gallons of gas in it now I have gas coming to the injectors but no fire . I took of the intake and removed distributor and replaced the coil put the distributor back in still no spark and you can smell gas in the intake holes do I'm sure the crank sensor is ok . It's driving me crazy no codes from the computer ran like new before the low fuel light came on i also checked the auto shutdown relay it's good too driving me crazy anyone got any suggestions?

Old 10-18-2018, 03:29 PM
Default Oil in spark plugs and wells

I forgot to tell it had bad valve cover gaskets the spark plugs and wells were full of oil too . I changed them and dried the wires too

Old 10-18-2018, 03:45 PM

Did you check the condition of the wire connector and harness to the distributor? (broken/corroded)
Also that the rotor is fully seated to the dist. shaft, I've heard that some have had problems with that.
My 98 2.5 Avenger(same platform) isn't home right now to go check a few things for your concerns,as mine has never given me troubles, other than leaky VC gaskets and an alternator! My wife's daily drive, IF I can pull some time with it, I check a few things on it and get back with you!

Old 10-18-2018, 05:17 PM

I'm planning on going threw voltage checks tomorrow I'm going to down load some wiring diagrams later . It's got to be something simple I am over looking I bought it to resale ran fantastic then like I said I went and got a pop at the station pulled out and low fuel light came on do I turned around to get gas and it acted like it ran out of gas I have it brought home and it has no spark it's getting gas because I smell it real strong . I just hate pouring more money in it already changed the coil so next I check wires

Old 10-18-2018, 05:27 PM

You may have replaced the coil in the dist(but there are other pieces in there that can go bad), and did you check the cap and rotor for wear/failure while it was apart? Rotors can go bad and not distribute the spark. You may want to pop off the small timing belt cover by the P/steering pump and check that the timing belt is in fact intact...that old you never know.

Old 10-18-2018, 07:18 PM

I've checked the cap the rotor button I've checked the actual coil for spark . The cams are both turning so I don't think it's the belt . If the timing belt was out of time you would still get fire just at the wrong time. I'm thinking it's a bad wire connection. I'll go nuts but I'll figure it out i put all the parts back in didtrdistri correct also I think I'm just wore out and missing something I'll check all the voltages on it tomorrow and see if I can find it out thanks .