Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2010 Sebring Convertible Top

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 02:47 PM
Default How to fix your Sebring convertible yourself

Originally Posted by weldon11031
sir did you ever find out what was wrong? i am having the same issue my top wont secure or go down?
Hi,

I had the exact same issue with my 2010 Sebring convertible. I found a lot of information at sebringclub.net, and was able to fix it myself. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with these roof systems, so it pays to troubleshoot the issue before just replacing things trying to find the issue, A lot of people have found that they have broken wire in the trunk wiring harness, attached to the right-side trunk hinge. You could start there, pulling back the jacket and looking for broken wires. But I also suggest joining the above group and learning more. There is a software tool available that is a great help in locating issues. BTW, my issue was a bad header latch motor.

Good luck, see you on sebringclub.net?

--Jerry

Old 07-13-2020, 03:28 PM
Smile 2010 sebring touring top malfunction

I have talked to both chrysler dealership service departments in macon,georgia and know one knows what or how to fix my convertible top malfuction on my sons 2010 chrysler sebring tour?? reading as this gentlemen, top malfuction,top not secured,,please help my son just came back from kuwait,and the car has been in the garage 2 years,and i really want to fix this for him.
Thanks mr Jerry, i did join the group waiting to be approved, so when i push the trunk release button inside the car it says and does nothing? when i try to put the top down the windows go down a little but the trunk doesnt open and there is no sound or motor sound? but when i push the close button i can hear a motor but it wont secure and it reads convertible top malfunction. So you think it could be a bad header latch motor?

Old 07-13-2020, 04:41 PM

When there is a top malfunction detected, the trunk button does not work.
I can't be sure what causes your problem because there are so many things, like broken wires and bad microswitches that could also be the problem.
You should check these wires while waiting to get into the group.

Old 07-13-2020, 04:45 PM
Smile 2010 sebring touring top malfunction

Originally Posted by Jerry Cote
When there is a top malfunction detected, the trunk button does not work.
I can't be sure what causes your problem because there are so many things, like broken wires and bad microswitches that could also be the problem.

You should check these wires while waiting to get into the group.
Yes sir doing it now

Old 07-13-2020, 09:34 PM
Default 2010 sebring touring top malfunction

Sorry to bother you,can you Please tell me or take a pic of where the top header hatch motor ? we can't find it? the picture diagram for the part says its on the rear hatch of the trunk??? But it looks nothing like the part?, is it above the windshield? i see to latches where the top is suppose to secure itself?

Old 03-27-2021, 06:27 PM
Default My wiring in my.convertible looks just like that .

Yes sir doing it now
I have a Chrysler 200 convertible and my wires are hanging down exactly like that and constantly get caught while putting the top up and down, can someone tell me the name of the piece that is supposed to secure the wires PLEASE?
THANKS!!

This is half of the piece I am looking for.. the picture below is the opposite side.. wires should be between them .. I believe the 2 sides just snap together

Old 08-02-2021, 12:11 PM

NEVER EVER buy a Chrysler 200 Hard top Convertible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a 2013 with 44,000 and the pin release cable for the top has been discontinued!!! AND IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!!!!!!!! I have called OVER a 100 places!!! DEALERS/salvage yards, you name it...NOT A SINGLE PLACE HAS IT! So this EXPENSIVE car that I purchased BECAUSE i wanted A CONVERTIBLE IS NOW A PERMANT HARD TOP!!!!

So my point/thought is...it is more than likely this cable...SUCKS TO BE A HARD TOP OWNER! NEVER AGAIN CHRYSLER!!!

Old 08-05-2021, 10:39 AM

Lesson for all. Don't bother going to the dealer for a problem with a convertible top. Nobody in the dealership knows anything about convertible tops. Go to a shop where they specialize in convertible tops. That shop will see and fix more tops in a week than a dealership will see in 10 years. When you do something all day every day you get good at it. When you see something for one hour in a class you took 5 years ago you will never be good at it. Same thing with transmission problems. The only thing they learn about transmissions in dealer school is how to remove and replace. Fix it? Forget it.

Old 09-18-2021, 04:06 PM
Angry 2010 Chrysler Sebring Convertible top not secure

My 16 year old daughter took her car out and put the top down. After she put the top up, it failed to completely secure. Of course she didnt tell me right away. So we are getting 2 errors codes: Convertible Top Malfunction & Convertible Not Secure. When pressing the down button the motor cycles, the trunk lid moves slightly and then nothing. When pressing the up button nothing happens. Please help. Now the there is now power to the drivers headlight. bulb good, all fuses are good. After replacing the PCM for limp mode, I am at my wits end on their car already.

Old 09-26-2021, 08:34 PM

When contacting a salvage yard, let them know the part is discontinued, tell them the Manufacturer part number, then tell them how much you are willing to spend for the part. IF you are willing to spend MORE than $150, they will be more willing to search for a $30 part that is unavailable any place else. An alternative solution is to visit a self service salvage yard, and you can pull that unfindable part yourself.
Hope this helps

Quick Reply: 2010 Sebring Convertible Top