Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

98 Sebring lxi crank but doesn't fire up

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Exclamation 98 Sebring lxi crank but doesn't fire up

Hello guys my name is lucus I bought a 98 Sebring lxi couple. Have had it maybe a week. It has the 2.5 liter. Has 146xxx anyways. It ran great the week it I bought. Anyways so I went to go start it one morning for work started right up no problem at all. So I go inside because iowa weather was below freezing and didnt want to freeze my *** off. Come back out side like 10 15 min later. Got in buckled up. And it was like somebody turned the key off. Just died didn't spit and sputter just dead in the water. Crazy so this last week iv been working on it new plugs wires cap and rotor. Before replacing those things I check for spark. It had spark but was a orangish color. Does that mean anything? After replacing the cap rotor plugs and wires it has improved to a whiteish blue? Again good or bad. I have check for fault codes history codes nothen? Even when it ran when I bought didn't have a code or ces light on. After I have replaced those things it seems to be back firing threw the intake but again it only back fires after I left of the key. I have unplugged the injectors pulled all the plugs checked timing and it is dead on. Fuel pump is working. Injectors are working. Idk what more I can do besides replace the distributor but I'm not real lying wanting to beings it's so expensive lol. Is there anyway I can test the coil with a ohm reader?. If so please explain. If any of you are of youtubers I can upload a video of it cranking and what it sounds like? Please I could use all the help I can get