Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

a/c, door lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Default a/c, door lock issues

my dad has an '02 sebring & the dealer can't figure out what's going on. There is an intermitent problem with the a/c & door locks. Ocasionally the door locks wont work & the a/c stops blowing cold air. The compressor loses power somewhere & it stops blowing cold air but the fan continues to blow. The a/c system does not leak & is fully charged. He has taken it back to the dealer under warrnty 4 times now but it never causes the problem for them. Do you think it could possibly be a body control module or hvac controller issue. We are stumped & it is HOT!!! Please help.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Default RE: a/c, door lock issues

The only thing I can suggest is to find a schematic, and find what is the common wire or source for both of these things (locks and compressor). and physically look at the connections and wire for pinches.

That's how I solved one on my Caravan once. There was one relay and one wire that was common to the injectors and coils, which were my codes. The relay was good, and sure enough the harness was rubbing on something and rubbed right through that wire.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

if u are any good with wires and such do this for me. Get a test light or something that u can test voltage with..
When this issue with the ac is not working keep teh car running unplug the ac clutch relay u may get a check engine light but dot worry about it.
With the system running test for 2 powers and 1 ground. The powers will be one for the coil side and one for the pain power to the clutch the ground will be from the pcm to turn it on. Tell me if u get any or all of thoes and we can go to the next step.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:52 AM

Thanks for the reply & I'll give that a try. The only problem is that it is such an intermittent problem it could be weeks before it does it again. Maybe the problem will show if I let the car idle with the a/c on & wiggle some wires around. If it does I'll check the connections with the test light &let you know. Thanks again.