Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Fuel Line replacement 96 Sebring JX conv

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Default Fuel Line replacement 96 Sebring JX conv

Ok brakes lines are just about done. Need to get the last wheel done, then have a mechanic come over pressure test and bleed.

Im trying to get as much info on the fuel lines as I can. The questions I have is / are :

1. Is the only reason to depressurize the fuel system is so that gas wont be spraying all over the place. What damage can I do, if any, if I dont depressurize ?

2. Is a fuel line routing diagram available ? Chiltons dont show one and neither does eautorepair.net. I can trace them, but up toward the engine they disappear into Neverland. The two fuel lines run in parallel with the rear brake lines. Problem is, I dont know which is supply and which is return and how the fuel line is mated to connection points (flaring etc ??)

3. Can I get to the lines by taking the rear seat out ? The book mentions that access is possible with the 98, but doesnt mention any other year.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Fuel Line replacement 96 Sebring JX conv

well if u are replacing the lines u wont have an option but to do so its only 55 psi of pressure u will spray some in your eyes just use common sence put a rag over where ever u start to disconnect the line.
No diagram either haft to manualy route it take a pic of where tehy are now and make them.
I think that is 98 only as well haft to look and see.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Default RE: Fuel Line replacement 96 Sebring JX conv

Thanks, alot Chryslertech ..

How bout the connection points ? Are they flared ... 45 inverted ?

Also I found this on our sister site dodgeforums.com... also own a 06 Mega Cab ..

-------------------------------
De-pressurizing the fuel system
-------------------------------

1. First you must de-pressurize the fuel system, so you ask how the in the heck do I do that??

-Now as well all know gas is real combustable so safty first absolutlyNO SMOKING of any kind while doing this.

-Remove the rear seat cushion and look for the metal plate it's on the drivers side. It should have 4 small screws holding it in place. Unscrew those and gently raise the cover.

-Now your looking at the top of your fuel pump. Look for the wire clip, and unplug it.

The other cover is the fuel level sender ( in the middle)

-Start the engine and allow it to run until it stops. It should only take a second. Crank the engine 1 more time to ensure that all pressure is relieved.

- Now disconnect the negative battery terminal before doing anymore work.

Will this do for depressurization ?