Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Hello All - New MB Owner here! - Manually lock Motorized Top.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:32 AM
Default Hello All - New MB Owner here! - Manually lock Motorized Top.

I recently pulled grandma's old 2008 Sebring Convertible out the barn and was driving it to put gas in it and the powered top blew up due to the wind. I stopped and realized that it wasn't locked down. I didn't know it wasn't locked by default. I drove to get the gas holding down the top and returned back to grandma's to troubleshoot. Turns out the top's buttons along with the trunk button don't work. I checked the fuses (1, 24, 37); all good. I have no intention on driving this car with the top down. I merely want the top locked so the car is usable. Is there a way to make the lock clamps at the top front lock the top manually? I've gone through many searches here and on YouTube and google, but no one seems to have addressed this particular issue. Of course since the top is not locked, the drivers door window won't stay all the way up and rain could get in. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:13 PM

Start by checking the owners manual. If you don't have one, down load it from chrysler.com.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579 View Post
Start by checking the owners manual. If you don't have one, down load it from chrysler.com.
I started there first and read pages 81 to 95 and it does not answer the question. Then I posted here. Followed all instructions there. The only other step was to see the dealer.