Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

hose knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Default hose knowledge

I am trying to find out what kind of hose this is that I will describe on a 2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible with 2.7 V6. One end of the hose is next to the end of the lower radiator hose where they both attach to the engine block. The other end passes underneath the power steering resevoir but appears to extend beyond the resevoir (not hooking up to it). I'm not sure where the end of it is. There is leakage coming from the hose where it connects to the block and I have to replace it but want to know what I'm getting myself into before I start. Thanks for your help if (anyone knows what type of hose it is.)

Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 PM

From your description I think you are describing a heater hose. If you pull that off, be prepared to catch the engine coolant as most of it will drain out as a result of the disconnection. Before you tackle this job, be sure you can reach both ends of the hose to disconnect it and re-connect it.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Smile Thanks

That makes sense upon thinking about it. Now I can go to the dealer and verify it by asking (as well as ordering the correct hose). Also, I know for sure to drain the cooling system (and not something else) first. Thanks again.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Red face Of Course!

Originally Posted by sheela2000
Got a garden? Ok – got a garden hose? Don’t tell me you water the flowers or the lawn with a big ol’ bucket? Anyone who has a garden needs a garden hose and some of the related equipment, to be able to provide water for thirsting plants in a sensible way. There are all sorts of nozzles, sprayers and fittings that work together with the hose itself to provide watering solutions for many different types of vegetation, in many different climates. Compared to the possibilities available, watering your lawn with a bucket is like trying to build a garage with just a sledgehammer: Clumsy and not very flexible. With modern spray nozzles, anything from a hard beam of water to a mild rain is possible, and you might need both – and the points in between – more often than you would think. Some plants are very delicate, and too much water in one spot could harm them. Other plants may be located so far inside a flower bed, that the easiest way to reach them, is to concentrate the water into a hard beam that will reach as far as you need it, and dissolve into light rain, as it approaches its destination. Depending on your needs, there are different types of garden hose available – from cheap vinyl hoses for the small garden, to heavy duty garden hose made of real, reinforced rubber. These hold more pressure and take more abuse than the cheaper variety. Many different garden hose fittings are on the market, for connecting to different types of threaded and unthreaded faucets, or to adapt to different sizes of hose to each other. When you are not busy watering your garden, a garden hose reel is the best way to store the hose in a way that is compact, and still allows for quick and easy use. Garden hose reels can be wallmounted, or they can be portable, with a set of wheels attached. If you find you need a very long garden hose and can’t find one ready made that fits, nothing is easier than getting a special garden hose connector and simply putting two lengths of hose together. If you don’t want to stand there holding a spray gun all day, get a sprinkler to do the job. There are so many types to get, that you will surely be able to find something to fit your needs. Some are good for sprinkling their close surroundings lightly, while others excel in sending water on a long distance journey across your garden, should you so desire. For the easiest possible storage solution, look at a retractable garden hose reel. Some of these don’t even rely on a crank to reel in the hose, but work by means of water pressure!