Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Issues with 2010 Sebring Touring 2.4 not starting after alternator and battery replac

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by kylenorton003
I know, the cars computer would be the one to recognize its dirty, not the starter. Is the link I posted earlier the correct kind?
it doesn't say atf+4. I wouldn't use it

Old 03-27-2023, 02:41 PM

Am i able to change this fluid without the car being able to start? All the videos are saying the car needs to be warm to get a proper dipstick reading and gauge how much fluid is needed

Old 03-27-2023, 02:55 PM

Im just gonna weigh it with a scale. I'll be back in a few hours with results

Old 03-27-2023, 03:05 PM

Am i able to change this fluid without the car being able to start? All the videos are saying the car needs to be warm to get a proper dipstick reading and gauge how much fluid is needed
just put in what you take out. changing the transmission fluid won't do anything for getting it to start. Maybe you should get that figured out first incase it is your computer. Changing the fluid is always good to have good clean fluid in there but you might have another issue here that could be expensive and you might not think it's worth fixing and then you are wasting money on a fluid and filter. Up to you tho.

Old 03-27-2023, 11:14 PM

I'm embarrassed to report this but I feel like I owe it to the community to provide my experience. It turns out my (brand new) battery wasn't holding a charge. I realized this after I changed the fluid, started walking away, and went to lock my car and I didn't hear the car horn beep. I asked for a jump and sure enough she sprang right back to life. Considering my battery was new and my portable jumpstart reported to me that the battery was full, I wrote the battery off as a non issue and assumed it must be the starter (which i replaced) because of the clicking when trying to start. I cleared the P0700 code and it hasn't came back yet but I assume it will come back if I continue to drive with a battery that's unable to remain charged.

Thank you guys for the help and if anyone has any questions ill be happy to help since everyone has helped me so much

Old 03-27-2023, 11:20 PM

I'm embarrassed to report this but I feel like I owe it to the community to provide my experience. It turns out my (brand new) battery wasn't holding a charge. I realized this after I changed the fluid, started walking away, and went to lock my car and I didn't hear the car horn beep. I asked for a jump and sure enough she sprang right back to life. Considering my battery was new and my portable jumpstart reported to me that the battery was full, I wrote the battery off as a non issue and assumed it must be the starter (which i replaced) because of the clicking when trying to start. I cleared the P0700 code and it hasn't came back yet but I assume it will come back if I continue to drive with a battery that's unable to remain charged.

Thank you guys for the help and if anyone has any questions ill be happy to help since everyone has helped me so much
glad that you figured it out. It's driving without transmission issues?

Old 03-27-2023, 11:30 PM

The ****ty battery is what would of been causing the transmission issues. I had the alternator quit on me one day and I could only get second gear. I bet you will be good to go now that the transmission has power to work properly .

Old 03-28-2023, 07:56 AM

Appreciate the follow-up, knowing what solved the problem will always help others. Hopefully the good battery will clear up all of your issues. Chrysler computer modules are known to weird out under low voltage conditions.

Old 03-28-2023, 09:09 PM

Yeah it turned out to be an electrical issue which makes sense since my Battery light was on along with my P0700. The code reader didn't report anything other than the P0700 so I assumed it must've been my ECM or PCM that were making the lights on my dash turn on, but it turned out to be the most obvious thing imaginable. Anyone else experiencing a P0700 I suggest you try the least expensive things first (jumpstart the battery) before assuming its the PCM/TCM causing problems.

Thanks again everyone

Old 03-28-2023, 09:58 PM

Do you still have your old starter? You could put it back in and take the new one back. Get some money back.

Quick Reply: Issues with 2010 Sebring Touring 2.4 not starting after alternator and battery replac