lots of problems please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Default lots of problems please help

Hello everyone!

I have a 95 cirrus 2.5 v6. I think I have a grounding problem with the auto trans.
It will shift great for a while then go into limp mode. the other day while checking where my power steering was leaking I "played" with some of the wires and afterward the transmission ran great for 2 hours. today it is back to acting up. no rhyme or reason, will start out in limp mode or just change to limp mode after a drive.
I am not sure even where the grounds are, how to check them, or it my problem?
for some strange reason it seems worse when I am low on gas (the filler neck is broken so there isn't any pressure... the cap doesn't seal the tank anymore, just hanging by a coat hanger) could be just a coincidence?

any help would be great. I checked all the tcm with an ohm meter and they all seem to test the same.

any help much appreciated

cheers

randy

Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by slipchuck
Hello everyone!

I have a 95 cirrus 2.5 v6. I think I have a grounding problem with the auto trans.
It will shift great for a while then go into limp mode. the other day while checking where my power steering was leaking I "played" with some of the wires and afterward the transmission ran great for 2 hours. today it is back to acting up. no rhyme or reason, will start out in limp mode or just change to limp mode after a drive.
I am not sure even where the grounds are, how to check them, or it my problem?
for some strange reason it seems worse when I am low on gas (the filler neck is broken so there isn't any pressure... the cap doesn't seal the tank anymore, just hanging by a coat hanger) could be just a coincidence?

any help would be great. I checked all the tcm with an ohm meter and they all seem to test the same.

any help much appreciated

cheers

randy
forgot to say... changed the trans fluid twice with type 4 and filter... helped only for a while (half day)

Old 02-21-2011, 11:16 PM

Tcm??