Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Mystery 2.7 engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 02:01 PM

Went to put the oil pressure switch on today. Guess I will have to live with the oil light on at idle, there is no way, without a lift that my big body can get at the shield let alone the sending unit. I'm to old and fat to be a contortionist. Oh well, on to the coolant air bleeder housing and spark plugs. This car while nice is a pain in the A** to work on, nothing done on this car is easy or goes smoothly. might want to sell it if this is going to be a never ending project

Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 AM

Maybe you're a lot bigger than I am but I was able to get under there to pull off the oil pan which required removal of the crossunder exhaust pipe. I jacked it up in two stages and set my jackstands to their highest height. I remember thinking I could have done it with ramps which would have provided about the same room. I got my 68-year-old body under there though it ain't easy anymore.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by jeepdaddy65
Went to put the oil pressure switch on today. Guess I will have to live with the oil light on at idle, there is no way, without a lift that my big body can get at the shield let alone the sending unit. I'm to old and fat to be a contortionist. Oh well, on to the coolant air bleeder housing and spark plugs. This car while nice is a pain in the A** to work on, nothing done on this car is easy or goes smoothly. might want to sell it if this is going to be a never ending project
I had the oil light on at idle - and the car only had about 40K miles (less than 76 thousand KM) on it when we bought it about 14 months ago. Although the engine didn't look like it had any sludge issues, there are some pretty tiny passages. I did an engine flush & then put in a top tier synthetic. The light still flickered for the next week or so and then my son took it on a 400 mile weekend jaunt and the light has never been an issue since. (yes, the light is still good - it is on with key on/engine off).

I get some weepage from the sending unit, but not near enough to make me crawl under there & replace the sending unit (and no drips on the driveway).

Your mileage may vary.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:34 AM

I did the engine flush also, and put mobil 1 synthetic in the car. Hopefully that will resolve the oil light issue for me as well.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Exclamation

I know this forum is for people who like sebrings, I am having so much trouble with mine I just want to sell it. Did the oil flush and put synthetic in the car, did the oil sending unit, replaced the coolant air bleeder and changed the plugs and serpentine belt. Figured all was well. Wrong, after driving it for 1 day, got up this morning and found a nice puddle of oil under the car. If anybody wants to buy this piece of S**t Please let me know. I am in Ohio, It is a 2004 Sebring Touring Convertible "Platinum Series", 89,000 miles.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:28 PM

Golly, I never thought of it like that. Here, if I had just changed the oil and replaced the oil pressure switch and found a puddle of oil under the car, I would have figured I must have done something stupid, like cross threaded the drain plug or wrinkled the gasket on the filter. I never would have been bright enough to figure out that the obvious source of the problem is that the CAR is a POS.

That just opens up a whole world of possibilities....

Old 06-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Exclamation

The leak is coming from the pan, not the filter or sending unit. Probably when I did the engine flush it got all the gunk and sludge from around the pan and gaskets cleaned out and then with a good synthetic found any little space to leak out of. But thanks for the input. Beautiful car. Platinum series came with a bunch of options, leather seats with suede inserts, full power. all the bells and whistles, got pics if you know anyone who is interested in the car

Old 06-13-2013, 04:02 PM

There's a "for sale" forum here. Look down near the bottom of the home page. Post up the pics there.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:07 PM

Thanks for the info will post it for sale, thanks again