Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Option availabilty

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:07 AM
Default Option availabilty

Wondering if there is anyway to find out which factory options are installable after purchase?

ie: EVIC, Steering wheel controls, automatic climate controls, heated cup-holders, lighted vanity mirrors, etc.

Can any of these be picked up at a wrecker or the dealer and installed?

I have seen where people put EVIC's into thier Jeeps.

Also what is a good, reasonable remote starter?

Old 12-17-2009, 09:35 AM

Check with the dealer, the guy at the parts counter might be your best bet. Most of those things require a wiring harness made for them, but you never know until you ask.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:39 AM

Thanks. Was hoping someone may have already done this. It would seem Sebring owners are not the type to do much work to thier cars.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:36 PM

I went into my local dealer, and spent a couple of hours finding out that Chrysler is retarded.

You can't go in and look up options. Period. Chrysler doesn't list anything other than replacement parts.

And you can't just look up the parts for things that are not already on your car! At least, not easily.

The dealer needs a VIN number from a car that already has the option you are looking for in order to narrow the listing down. If you use the VIN from your car, it will only show parts for already installed options.

I have been reading a few other forums, most notably Magnum and Challenger, and found that many of these options are installable, but we need to know all the parts and once installed we need the option codes for the dealer to 'activate' the options.

BTW to add one (1) sunvisor with lights I was quoted $275.

What my Chrysler dealer could find:

The heated/cooled drink holders MAY require changing the entire console.

Adding an EVIC may require changing the guage cluster.

Power window switches, for express up AND down are $24, but MAY require a module somewhere...

Steering wheel switches for audio controls are $24 and $28 respectively, but MAY require changing the SCM (clockspring).

So much for nice, easy, definitive answers

I have ordered a parts manual and will see if I can isolate what is needed for each option group.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:44 AM
Default Remote start kit

For anyone interested the Remote start kit (chrysler) for 2008-9 Sebring/Avenger with Sentry key system and power door locks:

Part #82211443AD Contains a new Wireless Control Module (WCM) Antennae and the underhood safety switch as well as 2x5 button keys.

No wires have to be run through the firewall with this kit. In fact the only wires at all are the antennae wirre to the WCM and the safety switch wire that goes to the TPMI under the hood. No soldering or splicing at all.

Hard part may be getting the code entered into the computer to get it to work.

The kit cost me $215.00US

Last edited by Crazcnuk; 02-28-2010 at 02:48 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:48 AM
Default Back-up Sensor kit

The backup sensor kit (Chrysler) for 2007-2009 Sebring, Avenger, etc., is:

Part # 82208246AE

Kit includes 4 sensors, LED display/alarm, module, and all necessary wiring.

Does not require computer activation.

I paid $118.00 US for the kit.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Default Steering Wheel with Audio Controls

Craz,

I have a 2007 base model, that I have recently updated with the addition of a MyGig and a touring/limited steering wheel with the audio controls.

Did you ever come across any information regarding the clock springs or what would be involved in getting the audio controls to work?

Thanks!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:21 AM

All I found, through google, was a guy that had done this on an older Dodge magnum/charger.

If you do a search or two, I am sure you can find them.

I did find out that the heated drink holders require changing the entire console, and I am still not sure if the plug in is in the dash for it.

You can buy heated seat kits, that you install in your existing seats, but the switches will go on the console, not in the dash as in the stock setup.

The GPS stereo can be installed, but it's an $800+ option from Ebay, about $2000 from a chrysler parts dealer.

I did install command start, I bought the kit, installed all but the ECM, (about 10 minutes) and took it in to the dealer to install and program the ECM (WCM?) They charged me an hour for the module replace, rather than the full install command start price, so it cost me about $300 total, instead of nearly $700.

These guys seem pretty reasonable:
http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/...es&catalogid=1