Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Radio Unit Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2021, 03:34 PM
Default Radio Unit Information

Good afternoon,

I recently joined because I would like some advice from some other Chrysler 200 owners.

I currently have a 2014 Chrysler 200 and I am about to pay it off in the next few months. I won't be getting a new car for about a year or two, and I want to enjoy the car while I still have it.

One of my biggest issues has been the radio unit. I have the typical stock radio and want to get a different version. But, I don't want to lose the UConnect voice commands...at least I don't think I do. I am debating on whether or not to get a new radio unit and possibly lose the voice commands or getting a better Chrysler unit and getting that installed. I have already spoken to the dealership and they stated that they could not get me a new official radio at all. So, I am looking at buying it somewhere and then getting it installed. Have any of you been in this situation? Is the UConnect that big of an issue to keep? I am also thinking that I should keep the UConnect voice for trade in purposes once I get to that point.

Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:47 AM

What radio do you currently have? There is a 3-letter sales code on the faceplate that begins with an 'R' (maybe by the AUX jack). I suspect it is a 'REQ', the base unit with UConnect and standard green display

What are you looking for in a different version? Note whatever you get needs to be compatible with the low-speed CAN bus.

Last edited by ggoose; 03-05-2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-10-2021, 03:11 PM

Sorry for the late response. I totally missed the notification for the response email. So, I looked at my radio and I have an "RES" code. It looks like a simple stock radio. Nothing to flashy but not a touch screen.

In my old Dodge Avenger, I had a touch screen radio and I loved it. I loved the display, everything. I just like the information display and everything that came with it. So, I was hoping to possibly look into getting an official radio part so that I can keep the UConnect voice features. Also, when I trade it in, I was thinking of keeping the UConnect due to possible impact on trade in values.

But, I do like the way after market radios look in regards to their UI and such. So, I am just trying to get some information from people way more knowledgeable than myself on this matter.

Old 03-11-2021, 12:05 PM

I checked for the code and it is "RES". It looks like your basic stock radio unit.

In my old Dodge Avenger, I had a touch screen and that is what I would prefer. I am thinking that I should stick with an upgraded UConnect version so that I can keep the voice commands and also keep a better trade in value (possibly) due to keeping the UConnect. But, I do like the user interfaces on some of the after market ones. I guess I am more worried about who I would get to install the upgraded Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge one versus an after market since my dealership stated that they would not do it.