Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Running for a while then shutting off!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Default Running for a while then shutting off!

I have a 1996 Chrysler Sebring. I recently replace the fuel pump in it. Drove it for about 2 months and now after a while of driving and shutting the car off for a bit it will not restart. So I leave the car where it is, return the next morning and it will start. It is starting to do that all the time now. Could this be Vapor lock?

Old 02-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Default RE: Running for a while then shutting off!

I've had similar issues & never replaced a fuel pump in my 2.5 mitsubishi. v6 engine
vapor lock is unlikly at this time of year. and i have not really heard it on fule injection cars.

My somewhat simialr issue was it would also at time run and just die and immedaialty re-start
then as time went on it took 3 imuntes and at time 20 minutes and it would re-start and run like it nothing ever happened. sometimes driving down the roador even 60 mPh it would die for a second tach would drop like engine died and then pick right back up and run perfect
at times it would not start cold and next day it would & run perfect.
turnded out to be a crank position sensor located on the engine where it mounts to the transmission aprox 80 bucks aftermarket..

might not be same thing but it's something to rule out ,,,it's not real easy to replace byt with good smaller tools and smaler hands it's do-able at home. it's like right below the distributor.