Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Trac Off and ABS Lights on after replacing half shafts

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Default Trac Off and ABS Lights on after replacing half shafts

I have a 2000 JXi, yesterday I replaced both half shafts. The parts appeared to be identical to the two shafts I replaced and all is well as far as how the car drives. However, after a few minutes of driving the ABS and Traction control lights turn on. If I shut the car off they will clear for a few minutes then come back on. I also unhooked the battery for about 30 minutes thinking I could reset the computer, but this didn't change anything. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for you time and hopefully your words of wisdom.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Default RE: Trac Off and ABS Lights on after replacing half shafts

did you notice little electical connections & the pick up sonsors they round thingy's on each shaft.THe part that spins is on the shaft& it has a bunch of up and down steeps (machined notches) in it and as it spins the sensor counts those as they go around.

Thesensors send individual wheel speed signals for anti lock brakes traction control and i think speed o meter as well.

Check part number with auto parts store so see if they are correct part WITH ABS. If you replaced half shafts W\OUT ABS they would be different and the stuff you are talking about would not work.. same goesif you damaged the sensors or wires or didn't install them when done.. If car has 4 wheel absit would have this same stuff on the rear wheelsas well.