Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Wiring NightMARE

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 08:43 PM
Exclamation Wiring NightMARE

Hello, after lurking for a while I decided join to post a questing for my WIRING MIGHTMARE

first off. I had been looking for a 300 for a while.. found a 300 touring at an auction with the 3.5 and 99k miles. this is my project car turned daily driver.. well if I can get it back on track.

The car came with some sort of remote start anti theft device (python on the box) and some sort of universal transponder bypass. This system has been draining by battery causing me to jump the car if i haven't started it in three or so days. So, I decided to remove the system.

I traced the wires back to the ignition module and removed the connections for the main wires: purple, pink/white, pink/green, purple/orange, and greenish/bluish color
All in all the wires were intact except for purple. This one was severed completely. I attempted to secure all the connections to their original wires.
....and now the car wont start.

symptoms:
key in warning is there, key turns the ignition freely but starter does not activate.
unplugging the module, the key does nothing (as expected)
Key fob locks unlocks and activates panic
when attempting to start the security light is solid red.

I really hate to start my project off this way. I already have a suspension overhaul lined up but I can't get the car moving to get it into the car stall..
Any info is welcomed. The wiring is a mess, I dont even know where to begin to attempt to restore it..

TLR: attempted to rewire ignition back to factory, car no start

Old 09-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

need to know what year 00 to start with

Old 09-11-2018, 08:55 PM

its a 2005 touring, keyed ignition. no factory remote start.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:52 PM

Also, upon removing the aftermarket system, I did find that there was a tone ring or lollipop around the ignition. In total, it was about 3 small modules and three block relays, poorly spliced, taped together and stuffed under the dash This is just one of the wiring problems I have come across: the back speakers do not work (seems like some one had attempted to wire in an amp and subs). the factory radio cuts out when playing cds only) clock stops working (probably because of parasitic drain) I'm doing my best to return to stock so that I can make it a comfortable travelling car.

Old 09-12-2018, 08:57 PM

Took a long hard look over the car and figured out the issue: Blown #8 fuse in the trunk. Mended all the wires, replaced the fuse and she started right up. Even left time to clean up the radio and speaker wires today.

...now if only I can wire in a donor Bostion Audio amp...That will be a project for some other time I guess.